Muppet Comics Cancelled?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The truth is that I wish we could get Boom quality writing from the Marvel staff and Palisades quality figures from Disney's toy division, but I'm more concerned with seeing the Muppets in films and on television. I can wait a year for new comics.
It's not even quality that gets me, just the fact that we haven't seen any plans for anything else just yet. And if we get those plans, I'll shut up. If we don't, all I get is an I told you so that I don't even want to have.

The bit of worry doesn't stem from Muppet plans, it stems from the Pixar plans specifically. Pixar, no matter what, has always been high on Disney's priorities list, and considering they're giving them similar treatment, it doesn't sound like it bodes well. Though if they have great plans, at least say "stay tuned" or something that says that something's coming in the press release.

At this point, all I want is the word that something else is going to happen... not a complete detailed list, not a bunch of promotions... just the word. And I still think a kindly written letter campaign to twist their arms or for them to take notice won't hurt a bit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marvel BETTER THE HECK have plans for Disney comics... because Boom lost classic Disney titles as well.

I'm sure they do... but this isn't good news for Boom and doesn't bode well for Darkwing, Ducktales and Rescue Rangers. They still have the license well through July for those, but other than that.

This BETTER be a sign that something will happen.

Slackbot

Reaction score
To quote Ralphie from A Christmas Story: "Ohhhhhh Fuuuuuuudge."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure Marvel could have plans for Disney comics reprints at some point (it would be blasphemous not to, and Disney classic comic reprint fans even more passionate than myself will really be up in arms if they don't)... but bringing back fan favorite cartoons that Disney swept under the rug for years was ALL Boom. It's THEIR people that twisted Disney's arm far enough to grant them a license for something they weren't using in the first place. And Darkwing and Rescue Rangers have been vastly superior to any Disney Adventures or Disney Afternoon publication of those characters that have come before it. I have nothing but high expectations for Ducktales, and I expect even those to be blown away.

Here's the thing... The Muppets have a movie, Pixar always has something cooking... but they didn't even finish off the DVD sets... they're no longer seen on TV... they're essentially lost in time. The comics not only brought the characters back, but it gave us a satisfying rebirth... sure, there's instances of fan service and shout outs here and there (the Reference to the Rescue Rangers video game AND Foxglove in the second issue... on the same page no less), but that means they are fans too, and want to acknowledge it.

Even in Boom's reprints of European comics (Ducktales especially) managed to link up all the Disney Afternoon classics, mentioning St. Canard here and there, Launchpad's side gig with Darkwing as well... no on laughed harder than me when Launchpad said "Remember when the seamonster ate his ice cream? Well, this is much worse!" I had to put the comic down for 10 minutes to calm down long enough to finish reading.

I'm hoping, if nothing else, Diz lets Boom keep TDA flourishing and thriving at Boom. They're the best place for them, an indie comic company. I'll let the Muppets go, even without the LAST unpublished arc (which is essentially like dropping out of high school last semester of senior year, even with decent enough to graduate grades... almost happened to a cousin)... Pixar? I'm sure we'll see something in time... but there's no way they'll do a long running series based on old cartoons that, while having a large fan base, Disney almost refuses to acknowledge (least we got that hard to find Vynalmation series that will no doubt be pricey to locate).

And I would even buy a Bonkers comic if Boom did it! Heck, even a Mighty Ducks one. Wait... no... that one went too far. But Bonkers, sure. Talespin... these possibilities shouldn't fade.