Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Might join you guys later, after my Constitutional law class and if my assistant and I get all the collection pics readied.

Oh, I love baseball, after all what other game lets me "Count Up to 9"?
And I'm hoping that Barry hits some more home runs during the weekend series with the Dodgers at home.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
JFS:Captain Crunch,eh? My roomate here at home is addicted to that stuff,with rice milk.I've nicknamed them Captain sugar smacks.It's too sugary for me,good as a snack,not as a meal,lol. I'm more into either: Total Raisin Bran,Multi-Grain Cheerios or if sugar is wanted Rice Krispies or Frosted Flakes.Or,if real sugar is needed,Lucky Charms,LOL.A Woody car,sounds nice.Might take you up on a ride later on,whenever the next one is offered,if I'm not too busy.

*Floyd is playing his bass and singing The Me I Never Knew,from Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland(British version)*

*Dr. Teeth is hanging out in the lounge area*

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
FR: Math. :grouchy: Algebra. :mad: Does anyone know how to factor when there's a fraction as the exponent?

McFraggle said:
Georgia, Florida, same difference.

LOL!
*to McFraggle* It matters a great deal to those of us who live in FL! Even though north florida might as well be south Georgia. We're very proud of our orange juice. :crazy:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Jimmy: Hello everyone! Sorry that Telly and I just took our room keys and then disappeared for a few days - we both had prelims (they are like midterms, except that there are two of them in a semester instead of just one :grouchy: ) We have done almost nothing but study since we have moved in. I had a test in Film Analysis and in Marketing, and Telly had an exam in his Pythagorean Theory class (he wants to learn as much about triangles as possible!)

Anyway, since we have been so busy with our studies, our room is a complete disaster! We have boxes stacked everywhere - we can barely walk in here. Between Telly's tuba, collection of triangles, Chuckie Sue (Telly's pet hamster), all of our books, and my Muppet merchandise there is hardly any room for us. Don't worry though, as soon as we unpack we will be able to get rid of all of these boxes and there will be plenty of room for both of us.

Telly: Jimmy, we need to leave now!

Jimmy: Oh, that is right, I almost forgot. Telly and I have a Grouchkateer meeting to attend.

Telly: We better hurry up! If we are late, that would make the other grouches very angry, and they may yell at us!

Jimmy: But grouches like being angry and yelling, Telly. So they would really be happy!

Telly: But they dont like being happy, which means that they will be angry, which means they will be happy which means... Oh dear! I am so confused! This is a catastrophe!

Jimmy: Calm down, Telly. Everything is going to be fine. We will just leave for the meeting now.

I will talk to all of you at the dorm later. If you would like, you can come with Telly and I to the Grouchkateer meeting with Telly and I, but if not, then feel free to stop by our room sometime later tonight. We should be around - we have a lot of unpacking to do... It sure feels good to be back on campus. Bye everyone!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hello all dromers and members, and Dorm Master. Would it be too much trouble to lodge with Beauregard?

I won't be around much, but I'll drop in for parties.

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Beauregard (MC). Heck no, there's no prob with you rooming with Bo.
Just tell me what numbered room from the ones still available you guys wahnt, and I'll get you the keys.
*Spots Jimmy and Telly leaving.
Have a good time at the meeting you two. Hey Jimmy, maybe you could get yourself a glass case for your Muppet merch like Luke, or build a walk-in closet like the one I got downstairs in my room.
Any ideas on your room design, just let us know and we'll help. Oh yeah, might send a couple of feather dusters later to clean up your room if you need 'em.

Hmm, think I'll leave JFS a note.
*Pins note onto #33's door.
Hey JFS, what version of Alice In Wonderland was Floyd talking about? The best one I've seen is the live action TV movie they showed on Disney chock-full of celebrities like Jonathan Winters as Humpty Dumpty and Sammy Davis Jr. as the Blue Caterpillar.
Well, talk to you later. Have a good time in the dorms.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
JFS: Hey Count,got your note.The version of Alice is at the end of the 1972 British musical movie.It includes Fiona Fullerton(Alice),Michael Crawford(White Rabbit),Dudley Moore(Door Mouse),Peter Sellers(March Hare),Sir Ralph Richardson(Caterpillar),Spike Milligan(Gryphon),etc... Was one of my favorite movies as a child.Sung by Alice at the end of the movie,after the picnic is over(when she awakens from her dream):

The me,I never knew,began to stir sometime this morning.
The me,I never knew,appeared without a word of warning.
You smiled,and you uncovered,what I had much discovered.
You wait,you'll see the me,I never knew.

The me,I never knew,has learned to love & loves the feeling.
The me,I never knew,can see the world,I've been concealing.
Today,a new song's playing,the words,a simple saying.
From now,I'll be the me,I never knew,
From now,I'll be the me,I never knew.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info JFS. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland have, are, and will always be my #1 favorite all-time story. The Hallmark version from a few years back was a horrible mistake. The only good part was Cristopher Lloyd as the White Knight. But I did have the good fortune of seeing the other version I mentioned when I still had good sight. And this version was about 90% accurate and faithful to both stories. Here's the cast, at least what I remember.

Alice: Natalie Gregor, or was it Natalie Gregory, not sure.
The White Rabbit: Dick Buttons.
The Rat: Sherman Helmsley.
Pat the Pig: Scott Baio.
The Lory Bird: Shelley Winters.
The Piper Bird: Lori Piper.
Don't remember who played the Dodo nor Bill the Lizard, but they were there.
Don't remember who played the Cook nor the Dutchess, but they were there.
The Cheshire Cat: Telly Savalas.
The Blue Caterpillar: Sammy Davis Jr.
The Mad Hatter: Red Skelton.
The March Hare: Roddy Macdowell.
The Dormouse: Arte Johnson.
The Queen of Hearts: Ann Jillian, not completely sure.
The Griffin: Sid Caesar.
The Mockturtle: Ringo Starr.

Alice then enters a mirror version of her home after waking up at the end of Part 1, and we get a smooth transition to Part 2 in Looking Glass Land.
She does sit down and read the poem of the Jabberwock, which is then summoned and takes flight.
The Owl: Jack Ward, seen in a portrait in Alice's mirrored home.
The Talking Flowers included Sally Struthers as the Carnation and two others as the Tiger Lily and the Rose, which I don't remember.
There were four actresses portraying the roles of the Oysters, but their names weren't given at the beginning of the TV movie.
Tweedledee: Edie Gourmet.
Tweedledum: Steve Lawrence.
The Unicorn: Don't remember.
The White Knight: Lloyd Bridges.
The Sheep: Animatronic puppet, the White Queen's transformation was very well done after her song of Jam Tomorrow.
The Old Man: Don't think he showed up with the oysters.
Hatta: John Stamos.
Haya: Don't think that character showed up.
The Lion: Don't remember.
The Walrus: Karl Malden.
The Carpenter: Louis Nye.
The Crow: Animatronic puppet.
The Red Knight: Wasn't mentioned.
The Frog: Animatronic puppet.
Red King wasn't mentioned, and I'm not sure if Jillian Anderson was the Red Queen.
White King wasn't mentioned or I don't remember, and White Queen was Carol Channing.
Hope this helps and you get a chance to watch this one.

Erine81981

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
Jimmy: Hello everyone! Sorry that Telly and I just took our room keys and then disappeared for a few days - we both had prelims (they are like midterms, except that there are two of them in a semester instead of just one :grouchy: ) We have done almost nothing but study since we have moved in. I had a test in Film Analysis and in Marketing, and Telly had an exam in his Pythagorean Theory class (he wants to learn as much about triangles as possible!)

Anyway, since we have been so busy with our studies, our room is a complete disaster! We have boxes stacked everywhere - we can barely walk in here. Between Telly's tuba, collection of triangles, Chuckie Sue (Telly's pet hamster), all of our books, and my Muppet merchandise there is hardly any room for us. Don't worry though, as soon as we unpack we will be able to get rid of all of these boxes and there will be plenty of room for both of us.

Telly: Jimmy, we need to leave now!

Jimmy: Oh, that is right, I almost forgot. Telly and I have a Grouchkateer meeting to attend.

Telly: We better hurry up! If we are late, that would make the other grouches very angry, and they may yell at us!

Jimmy: But grouches like being angry and yelling, Telly. So they would really be happy!

Telly: But they dont like being happy, which means that they will be angry, which means they will be happy which means... Oh dear! I am so confused! This is a catastrophe!

Jimmy: Calm down, Telly. Everything is going to be fine. We will just leave for the meeting now.

I will talk to all of you at the dorm later. If you would like, you can come with Telly and I to the Grouchkateer meeting with Telly and I, but if not, then feel free to stop by our room sometime later tonight. We should be around - we have a lot of unpacking to do... It sure feels good to be back on campus. Bye everyone!
*runs out the door*

Wait for us Jimmy and Telly. I never been to one. Ever since I saw one I always wanted to attend one.

Grover: I haven't been to one in ages.

Herry: I've never been to one. Ever.

Cookie M: Me nither. Is ok to bring cookies?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
*runs out the door*

Wait for us Jimmy and Telly. I never been to one. Ever since I saw one I always wanted to attend one.

Grover: I haven't been to one in ages.

Herry: I've never been to one. Ever.

Cookie M: Me nither. Is ok to bring cookies?
Sure, you are all welcome to come. And Cookie Monster, you can bring cookies, just make sure they have grouchy ingredients like anchovies, sardines, and banana peels.

Status
Not open for further replies.