Muppet Christmas Carol question...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Except for Sam, eh? I dunno. He seems to be quite comfortable with touching everyone he comes in contact with. I don't know if you've noticed? Anytime he is talking to another Muppet (or celebrity) he begins to stroke their shoulder, or touch their arm. I've always put this down to a little insecurity on his part.
You know, I've noticed that! It always seemed a little odd to me....

I clicked the wiki link, but it's taking too long to load to answer my question:

Does anyone remember seeing the song "Room In Your Heart For Love" sung by Beaker & Bunsen in the theatrical release? I could almost swear that I saw that sequence at the theatre when MCC first came out. I can't remember if I got the soundtrack before or after I saw the movie, but I can see in my mind's eye Bunsen walking around the desk singing to Scrooge.

Dunno, maybe me crazy. :embarrassed:
I remember seeing that! I'm positive I did!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dunno, maybe me crazy. :embarrassed:
Well...you are at Muppet Central. That doesn't say much for your mental stability.

Muppet Wiki says that they were never filmed, but Wiki's have been wrong before (many times, I add.) Perhaps it was filmed, and it was in the original release which you saw, but was later cut and minds have been altered by time to assume that they just heard the song and imagined seeing it.

Similarly, when Lord of the Rings was released, there was a car in the background of one of the shots. Many theater goer's saw this and complained loudly, but when they searched their dvd's shot-by-shot, the car was gone. They assumed it had never existed. That it had been a trick of the light. It was only many years later that Peter Jackson admitted that there was in-fact a car in the theatrical release and that they had missed it in editing.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I don't even know if I saw Muppet Christmas Carol in theaters... I was 4 years old in 1992 lol. But I did own the tape (until the DVDs were made... it was the only Muppet movie I owned!) so yeah I grew up with "When Love Is Gone" IN the movie. It was the weirdest thing for me when I got the Kermit's 50th Anniversary DVD edition of the movie watching the theatrical widescreen version and having the song NOT be in it.

If only both versions were in widescreen :rolleyes:

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah, I never knew that song was ever cut, I have never seen it without it. It would be weird.