Muppet Central Forum Feedback

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I know the two key administrators are The Count and Philip. They don't seem to be on these forums much these days, and because of their absences, troublemakers are taking advantage of the mods' absences by posting nothing but trash that really belongs in Oscar the Grouch's garbage can.

However, I was pleased with how quick the moderators were to approve my account last year. There was not much delay, it seems.

I also noticed that a good portion of activity on these boards are in the Classic Sesame Street and the General Discussion sections. Those may seem like the two target sections of these forums.

But either way, I think it's high time that the owner of this forum try to recruit new moderators to this forum, since the current ones are not posting much. But one other thing comes to mind: Does anybody think that just because the administrators are not posting, they could still be online, if they are logged in on invisible mode, with the username not seen in the active members logged in, and the moderators are monitoring the boards quietly?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Does anybody think that just because the administrators are not posting, they could still be online, if they are logged in on invisible mode, with the username not seen in the active members logged in, and the moderators are monitoring the boards quietly?
Well I mean, you see Phillip post things about Muppet appearances and threads for new Muppet/SST content all the time... he's definitely online. I just don't know why he doesn't take a minute to at least address our feedback. And Ed is really just doing his best at this point... he's really just like a glorified member who can delete posts and rename threads and the like, he doesn't actually have the power to address the problems we're talking about.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
However, I was pleased with how quick the moderators were to approve my account last year. There was not much delay, it seems.
Just a couple statistics on this:
  • A 7-month window between the 5th and 6th most recent members being approved.
  • One member approved in April, one in May, one in June, none in July and obviously none in August.
I'd imagine there's a good 20+ people pending approval (from what I hear on Discord) who registered as far back as January or maybe even further... why not do it manually? What is so difficult about that? At this point I'm wondering if it's better to just have no protection and ban the spam as it comes in.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
It would be pretty sick if the sole moderator who actually gives a **** about the forum had y'know, any real powers at all? That would be pretty cool I think.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My honest opinion is this forum just kind of feels like it’s past its expiration date, like it’s just been around for so long that no one bothers updating it or letting in new members.

And it doesn’t exactly help that it just feels empty when there’s no muppet productions being shown on TV. 🤷🏿‍♂️