Muppet Busts: Mint-in-box or open?

CyberSteak

Reaction score
If you have any of them...did you open them??? Or kept them sealed???

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Recently I bought the Dr. Teeth bust and I did not keep it in the packaging. :big_grin: He looks awesome on my shelf. Although I did keep the packaging in case I ever change my mind and want to display him in the box instead, but I doubt that I will. The quality of the figure is so amazing that it needs to be shown off...

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm still undecided. I "invested" in the entire collection. Still waiting on my bust to arrive (from 3 different suppliers). But when they get here...it's going to be a tough decision. I don't ever see myself wanting to sell them. They seem to look pretty cool in the box, but as you said, a lot of detail gets missed. I have no idea where I'm going to display them or even if I have the room. I just had to get them.

If your a Bunsen fan...there's one listed on eBay at this moment.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I have all of them. Only the first 3 series are out, but as soon as I'm in a house... All of the Muppety goodness will be released!!! :big_grin:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I have Sam, Rowlf, Piggy, and Chef all opened. I love them and they were cheap. 2 for 1. :-D

CyberSteak

Reaction score
What did you pay? The cheapest ones I picked up (12 of them) was $19.99 US (excluding postage, duty, and taxes...still don't know what that will total to). Highest I paid was $39.99. Pricey. But it was for 5 of what I found to be the hardest (impossible) to find. Gonzo, Beaker, Bunsen, Statler, and Waldorf. Still anxiously waiting for them to arrive.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ours are open, out of the box.

WiGgY

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
What did you pay? The cheapest ones I picked up (12 of them) was $19.99 US (excluding postage, duty, and taxes...still don't know what that will total to). Highest I paid was $39.99. Pricey. But it was for 5 of what I found to be the hardest (impossible) to find. Gonzo, Beaker, Bunsen, Statler, and Waldorf. Still anxiously waiting for them to arrive.
I paid about 27 a piece after shipping. I assume that's about what your's were after shipping too. It's an amazing mark down from the original 55 or 60. I don't know how anyone could pay that much for one of them.

Piggy is by far the best! She is put down too much based on hair color. She is far better than the figure in any incarnation.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
I tried, TRIED to just pick a few that I liked. But they all looked so good. And yeah it is an incredible mark down. And although it felt like an impulse buy, I'm glad I waited a couple of days before I started buying them. The first guy I was talking to was wanting to give me a deal of $1100 U.S. for 18 of them. YIKES!!!

Can't wait until they come in. And yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll open them. Only reason to keep them in a box would be if I were to consider selling down the road. But what would be the point of collecting them just to get rid of them??? I have to figure out how I want to display them though. 20 busts??? **** that's a lot. (although they should have made 25!!!)

I don't know which will be my favourite. I'll figure that out after I've had them for a while.

WiGgY

Reaction score
If only they had made 5 busts each wave. That would have been perfect.

Some people leave them in the box to protect them or to store them later if they have to. It's much easier to store busts if you have them in the box. I just found that out with my ice penguin PVC that is now missing a leg some how.

If you open, try getting a class case of some kind to keep dust out. Maybe with a light. Nice and classy like. Maybe even add a red curtain in the back. Since you have all 20 (lucky) you might as well do it up right. I have mine on a dusty shelf and I wish I had a glass case.