Muppet Baby Labyrinth Reference?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I know that in Muppet Babies during the Greek Mythology episode, they talked about Theseus and the Minotaur in the Labyrinth, then they showed a picture of the Labyrinth.

But the person here says: Actually, it is a Labyrinth reference, but the reference footage is cut! The actual episode had Scooter then pretend to be a caterpillar, and replaced him with footage of the Labyrinth worm. Footage of Hoggle was intercut with Baby Gonzo's voice. The whole episode is a Labyrinth homage, but none of that is shown in this clip!

I don't remember that, but it's been at least ten years since I last saw Muppet Babies. Anyone remember if the footage was cut from this episode?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=68_o1kiU160

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... First of all, mayhaps this thread would be better served in the Muppet Babies section of the forum.

But to help clear up some confusion... The trouble is, two distinctly different MB episodes are being confused with each other.
Don't remember the episode titles, but here goes:
1 There was an episode of Muppet Babies devoted to Greek myths, where Scooter was playing the role of Pan the Satyr, after a satyr-like character that looked like Scooter was used in the video the babies were watching that fueled their imagination adventures in the episode itself. At one point, Baby Gonzo being the monster reporter he fancied himself to be stumbled into the labyrinth of mythological lore. One door opened up to Medusa's lair, and then Gonzo found the Minotaur who makes the maze his home. They ended up putting on a sort of At the Dance styled musical number.

2 There was another episode, from the later seasons, where Piggy had to return her copy of Alice in Wonderland to the bookmobile. This episode was packed with references to Henson fantasy movies. In this episode, Piggy stumbled into the Labyrinth from the movie where she was aided by Gonzo playing the role of Hoggle. At one point, they also met Kermit as a mouse, referencing the protagonist child from the movie Witches (also made by JHC).
Hope this helps settle the confusion and have a good day.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Sorry about the forum mix up. I just thought it might be better here. Oh well, lock it up if need be.

Thanks for the help Count. Now I want to see some clips.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Naw, that's all fright. We all make mistakes sometimes, so no worries.
Would recommend you talk to some of the people who have MB episodes so you can get these for your own Muppets video/film library.