Muppet Babies Clone

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Well, you know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I wonder if the Looney Babies will pretend they're in Star Wars too?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bean Boy, There have been many rip-offs of the Muppet babies since they were introduced to television. There was a Pup named Scooby-Doo, Flintstone Kids, Yo-Yogi (Hanna Barbera has quite a few of them, thank God they stopped before they made Hong Kong Phooey Babies) Tiny Toons (If you can count it as one) and Disney Babies (which, thankfully never Made it to air). And as for the Looney Toonies being babies, How can Sylvester and Tweety be Babies at the same time? Tweety is three and a half years old, as it is!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
This just seems wrong to me. The Looney Tunes should not be cute, wide eyed little babies. They should remain the adults who are allways trying to kill each other that we all know and love.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, I remember when this was called Tiny Tunes(back in that wretched period of the early 90's) They musta gone back to the drawing board to shake a few loose chromozones.

Then again, this treatment was given to Sesame Street. IF you noticed, until this week, the only JHC related merch at stores was very babified 'Sesame Baby' products by Fisher Price. Just sad(over a decade for decent Muppet stuff to come out)

But the 'baby' fying of characters is a wide practice. I am so grateful for Muppet Babies...its early run of 84-86 was breathtakingly ingenius to me.

///beaker///

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Yes, I know that they there have been many Muppet Babies Clones, but I just thought that this one looked interesting. The Looney Tunes Babies brand has been around since the 80's on Baby products and clothing. Just last year, the WB produced an animated short call "Little Beep" about baby Willie E. Coyote and Roadrunner.

Oh yes, the Disney Babies. They have also been around since 80's appearing babies toys and Huggies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
IF you noticed, until this week, the only JHC related merch at stores was very babified 'Sesame Baby' products by Fisher Price.
///beaker///
Yeah! That goes back to Sylvester and Tweety! They lump together a bunch of characters of a certain age group and give them a homogenius age and call them _______ Babies. I know that the Sesame Characters are technically ageless, but still, Elmo and Cookie are definately not the same age.

As for the series itself (Looney Toons, now) I can't see getting involved. I'll only tune in if June Foray (one of my favorite voice actresses by the way, cause she was in a certain cartoon about a Moose and Squirrel) is the voice of Granny.

But the truth of the matter is that none of these shows will
ever amount to the greatness of the Muppet Babies. It had great writing, great ideas, and even if it had an entirely different, non-Muppet cast, it still would have been a wonderful show for kids to watch because of that. Everything else seems a little like Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey want to make a profit!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
June

June Foray will voice Granny.
http://www.toonzone.net
has more info on the characters and voice actors.

Cast of Characters

BUGS- When Bugs grows up he’s going to be quick-witted, streetwise, supremely self-aware and into living the good life. But right now, Bugs is only a kid and just learning to do the things and have the attitudes that will make him a star. Winning is by no means certain. Yet even now, he already exhibits the innate spunk and cockiness that make him a born leader, even if he’s not yet sure he has all the right answers.

LOLA -The biggest dreamer of the gang, Lola thinks bigger and explores farther than anyone else. Always trying to prove her mettle, she’s often the first to charge in, only to find she’s a bit beyond her depth. As demonstrative emotionally as she is physically, Lola regularly hits the highest peaks and suffers the steepest drops on the rollercoaster ride of childhood.

DAFFY- Daffy wants things his way—all the time! Completely self-involved, he is a frequent source of trouble for Bugs and the gang. If there’s a mistake to be made or a wrong decision to be decided, Daffy does it, and in the end usually learns his lesson.

SYLVESTER- Even surrounded by friends, Sylvester is a lost kitten. He is the most easily frightened of the group and sometimes more self-absorbed than Daffy. He is eternally pessimistic, hungry for all the good things childhood has to offer—nowhere near enough of which are his. Sylvester often feels like he’s getting the short end of the stick, and therefore is frequently looking to play an angle to get what he wants.

TWEETY- Representing the simple, pure heart of childhood, Tweety is filled with the optimism of someone who believes that dreams can come true. Sweet, kind and caring, his heart is on the surface. With Tweety, what you see is what you get. Sympathetic and empathetic, he often acts as translator of Taz’s emotional “pre-language.”

TAZ -Taz is pure id. His emotions are full “on” or full “off”—either happy, sad, angry…or asleep. Easily distracted by anything more fun and colorful, he’s simple and good of heart, with none of the meanness or brutishness of his adult counterpart. His speech patterns are a bit limited, though—think a two-year-old caveman.

GRANNY -Beneath a bun of white hair, Granny is the Mother Yoda of the young set. She knows when to let the kids make their own mistakes and when to actively help them. She’s always ahead of them, but rarely lets them know it. Often a bookend and catalyst for the kids’ adventures, she loves them dearly, but gives them room to grow.

Additional Characters The core ensemble above will be augmented from time to time by other Baby Looney Tunes characters including Porky, Elmer, Pepé, Wile E., Road Runner, Melissa, Petunia and Marvin, among others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Production Credits

FORMAT: 30-minute animated comedy consisting of two 11-minute shorts and a one-minute song/music video
PRODUCTION & ANIMATION: Warner Bros. Animation
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Sander Schwartz
PRODUCERS: Tom Minton
Gloria Jenkins
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: Kimberly Smith
STORY EDITORS: Karl Geurs
Tim Cahill
Julie McNally Cahill
CREATIVE EXECUTIVES: Christopher Keenan
Lorri Bond
CASTING/VOICE DIRECTOR: Michael Hack
LEAD VOICE TALENT: June Foray (Granny)
Sam Vincent (Bugs)
Sam Vincent (Daffy)
Sam Vincent (Tweety)
Britt McKillip (Lola)
Ian James Corlett (Taz)
Terry Klassen (Sylvester)
Chiara Zanni (Petunia)
Janyse Jaud (Melissa

radionate

Reaction score
Anyone see the new "Baby Pooh" stuff out now too? I just saw some "Baby Pooh" "Baby Tigger" and "Baby Eeyore" plushes and stuff at TRU. GAG!!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Who is Melissa? they just made this character up didn't they? The thing that makes me mad is the inclusion of Lola as a main character, whatever happened to Honey Bunny? Lola was just in one terrible movie and then merchandised. And Elmer as a baby would be ridiculous.