Muppet Babies animated vs. CGI

gregishere

Reaction score
How is everyone now taking the CGI Muppet Babies? I know at conventions, fans of the original animated show prefer it as it had the Jim Henson touch.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm gonna copy and paste Jarrod Fairclough's thoughts cause, they're basically the same as mine: "I've seen every episode. And I'll tell you now, it's fantastic. It's fresh, it's funny, you can tell a lot of love has gone into it. They put little obscure references in the show, that if you weren't a big Muppet fan, you wouldn't really have much idea of what they're talking about. In one episode they do Muppet Ladder, which of coarse was introduced in Muppets Most Wanted. And they just reference "Muppet Ladder? OK, let's do Muppet Ladder." They don't explain what Muppet Ladder is, it's just if you know what MMW is, you'll know what Muppet Ladder is. You've got images of obscure Muppets in the background, Statler and Waldorf are still grumpy, but they're nice-grumpy if that makes sense. The voices are incredible, the voices are probably the best part of the whole thing, aside from Dee Bradley Baker who's playing Animal, I think he could stand to be a little deeper with his voice. But Matt Danner who's playing Kermit sounds eerily close to Matt Vogel's Kermit, it's strange. It sounds like a child version of Matt's Kermit, it doesn't sound like a child version of Jim Henson or Steve Whitmire's Kermit, it sounds like Matt Vogel. And Eric Bauza who's playing Fozzie, when he does the laugh, I actually thought "Have they just got a clip of Eric Jacobson's laugh and put it in?" Because it was that close."

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
It's certainly the most successful Muppet show in the past decade, it has to be doing SOMETHING right!

gregishere

Reaction score
Noticed someone asked when writing about Frank Welker's appearance in Apr 2020 or 2021 if they will ever do a full Muppet Babies (original) reunion.
Well, Russia Taylor has passed on and a mini one was held in Reno in 2019.
Hope someone good at assembling can do one while the remaining are still around.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's very possible. After all they've done that with "Ninja Turtles" with the surviving cast members.