Muppet Albums on eBay

mattyboy

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering that two, but would it actually work in a normal hi-fi? also I wonder if the songs are in good condition.

anathema

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
Yeah I was wondering that two, but would it actually work in a normal hi-fi? also I wonder if the songs are in good condition.
No. No hifi CD player that I am aware of will play a CD-ROM of MP3 files. A number of DVD players will, however.

Condition: in theory, anything that was released on CD should be Ok since these tracks would most likely have been ripped directly from the CDs (that said, my experience of other people's rips has been so bad that I no longer trust anyone apart from myself to get it right :smile:. All the other albums will have been lifted from cassette (in which case you will not have a great recording, as the bandwidth of cassettes is very poor) or vinyl, in which case they could sound great - so long as they've been cleaned up properly!

There are a *few* tracks on the p2p networks that have clearly come from vinyl or cassette (most of which are poor quality), but as there is by no means a complete set, I assume that the stuff this guy is offering is not related.

mattyboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was wondering why he wasn't really saying much about the quality of the recordings onto cd.

Polkadot Shorts

Reaction score
Bah,..well, I just missed out. :sympathy:
Someone outbid me in the last 30 seconds.
But I've emailed the guy and he's gonna send me out a copy for the winning bid price, so I'll let ya all know what the quality's like when i get it. :smile:

Polka

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know what the 2004 mystery release is. Probably some personal compilation or something like that.

Polkadot Shorts

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Let us know what the 2004 mystery release is. Probably some personal compilation or something like that.
Recieved it this morning, its pretty cool :big_grin:
The mystery album was of mixed emotions tho.
At first I was dissapointed but after listening to a couple of them, it was rather interesting. :wink:
Its a compilation of the original versions of some of the songs the muppets have sung on the shows, which is more interesting than it sounds.
most of them on their I'd only ever heard the muppet version of, so was good to hear.
Plus the compilation consists of 41 songs, so can't be bad value lol
Better than leaving the disc half empty i suppose.

All Together Now - Beatles
Baby Face - Little Richard
Barnyard Boogie - Louis Jordan3
Cuanto Le Gusta - Carmen Miranda
Devil Went Down To Georgia - charlie daniels band
Good Day Sunshine - Beatles
Good Old Summertime - Bing Crosby
I Enjoy Being A Girl - Doris Day
I Feel Pretty - Schlong
I Feel Pretty - West Side Story
I Get Around - Beach Boys
I'm Five - Danny Kaye
I'm My Own Grandpa - Ray Stevens
Lydia, The Tattooed Lady - Groucho Marx
Mississippi Mud - Ray Charles
Happy Feet - Paul Whiteman
Mah Na Ma - Piero Umiliani
Six String Orchestra - Harry Chapin

Thats all I can be bothered to put down, I'm copy & pasted out! lol

Polkadot

mattyboy

Reaction score
Were most of the songs in actual good audio quality though? I mean to have like LP's converted onto CD in good quality must be hard to do.

Polkadot Shorts

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
Were most of the songs in actual good audio quality though? I mean to have like LP's converted onto CD in good quality must be hard to do.
Sounded ok yeah
The groucho marx one sounded a bit old tho, but I think its from one of the films isn't it?

Polkadot