Ms. Noodle

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I love Kristin Chenoweth and was blown away when I discovered she's on "Sesame Street". Could someone tell me a bit about her character Ms. Noodle? Pleeeeease?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing... You seen Elmo's World? Well, the main human character is named Mr. Noodle (originally portrayed by Bill Irwin). He's rully sort of a mime or silent character who acts in goofy manners trying to act out whatever question Elmo asks him at the beginning of each Elmo's World. It usually takes him three tries before getting it right, and then getting involved in some comedic foible that gets him dragged out of the way. Well, this is the same descript of how the other two Noodles act. Yes, "two" other Noodles. You see, there was a second Mr. Noodle portrayed by Michael Jeater before he died. That one was refered to as Mr. Noodle's Brother, Mr. Noodle. And Kristen's character is refered to as Mr. Noodle's Sister, Ms. Noodle.

Hope this helps.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally played by Bill Irwin? You mean they replaced the actor. I knew Michael Jeter passed away, but I thought Bill was still around. I'm kind of confused here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, no... In the rare instances it's Ms. Noodle, that's Kristen obviously. But there are some Elmo's World segments they still air where Elmo introduces Mr. Noodle's Brother, Mr. Noodle, which was Michael Jeater from before he died. As far as I know, Bill Irwin is still the original Mr. Noodle who keeps making regular appearances, unless they did change the actor. Hope that helps.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I had seen one of the Michael Jeter segments. That's about how I figured Kristin's segments worked. Thanks.

Btw, anyone else think Kristin should work with the Muppets outside of SS? I saw her live on stage in "Wicked" and she is a phenomenal talent.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't know about that. Would like to see that musical though.
BTW: The Elmo's World segment where she first appeared was back in Season 35 in the one about Firefighters.
Me thinks she's made at least one other appearance since then, but I'm not sure which one it was.

rowlf84

Reaction score
She appeared in the Elmo's World Holiday video.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Noodle Family

Mr. Noodle (Bill Irwin)
Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle (Michael Jeter (deceased))
Mr. Noodle's sister, Miss Noodle (Kristen Chenoweth)
Mr. Noodle's nephew, Mr. Noodle (seen at Sesame Place in Elmo's Theatre)
Mr. Noodle's cousin, Mr. Noodle (seen on Elmo's world video game)

SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE THESE GUYS SOME FIRST NAMES!!!

ISNorden

Reaction score
I can understand the frustration, but a child young enough to talk/think like Elmo will probably call most adults Mr./Ms. Something-or-other...even a neighbor across the street. I know I was raised not to use first names unless someone specifically asked me to.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I understand that but they should still have them

ISNorden said:
I can understand the frustration, but a child young enough to talk/think like Elmo will probably call most adults Mr./Ms. Something-or-other...even a neighbor across the street. I know I was raised not to use first names unless someone specifically asked me to.
I understand that, I was raised like that too. However, I often heard the first names of my teachers Scoutmasters and various other adult authority figures in my childhood life in conversation, but even though I knew what the names were I still knew enough not to call them by their first name, unless I wanted a long lecture from the adult in question which went something like this:
Adult: Are you my brother?
Me:No
Adult:Are you my sister?
Me: No
Adult: Are you my mother?
Adult: Are you my mother?
Adult: Then you better not call me by my first name until your 100th birthday.