Mr. Cellophane Bear

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
My small short chapter to the Muppets very own funny man (er Bear)

Fozzie sighed as he walked through the backstage areas of the old muppet theater. It was completely deserted and Fozzie was glad in a way for that. He knew that whether or not this old theater was crowded or not, it didn't matter. For when he was around, no one seemed to nottice him anyway. Shuffling through the different rooms of backstage, Fozzie wandered mutely. It wasn't until he ran into the piano that he looked up and found himself on the stage. Looking out at the rows and rows of empty seats, Fozzie almost cried. The auditorium seemed to reflect his own lonely and empty heart. Sitting down on the piano bench he played a few notes, turning back to his imaginary audience, he started to speak.

If someone stood up in a crowd and raised his voice up way out loud
and waved his arm and shook his leg.
You'd notice him. Fozzie did so for emphasis.
If someone in the movie show yelled, "Fire! In the second row! This
whole place is a powder keg!"
You'd notice him!

And even without clucking like a hen.
Everyone gets noticed now and then
Unless of course that person it should be
Invisible, inconsequential me.... Fozzie looked down, feeling sorry for himself. Facing the crowd once more, he sang soulfully.

Cellophane Mister Cellophane
Should I bend my name
Mister Cellophane
Cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me
And never know I was there
I tell ya..
Should I bend my name
Mister Cellophane
Walk right by me
And never know I was there.
Fozzie walked around the stage, not noticing all the muppets entering through the doors, searching for the music that came pouring from inside the theater. Fozzie spoke yet again, his voice full of wonder.

Suppose you was a little cat residing in a persons flat,
who fed you fish and scratched your ears.
You'd notice him.
Suppose you was a woman wed been sleeping in in a double bed
beside one man for seven years.
You'd notice him! Fozzie began to sing louder with emotion, singing his thoughts and feelings.

A human being is made of more than air.
With all that bulk your bound to see him there.
Unless that human being next to you is...
Unimpressive, undistinguished you.
No, who....

Should I bend my name Mister Cellophane
Cause you can look right through me.
Walk right by me and never know I'm there..
I tell ya..
Should I bend my name
Mister Cellophane
Walk right by me
And never know I was there. Fozzie looked up to see all the muppets looking back at him with sympathy.

Never even know.....I'm there. He choked out, blushing furiously.
"I-I hope I haven't taken up to much of your time." He stuttered while backing off the stage. As Fozzie turned around to make a run for the exit, he was stopped by a sound so rarely heard by him, he almost fainted. the sound of applause seemed to drown out Fozzie's own heart beat. Peeking out of the curtain, he saw all the muppets were standing! Standing for him! Fozzie sheepishly stepped out from behind the curtain and did a little bow.
"Mr. Fozzie Bear!" Kermit exclaimed to the audience.
"Um, Kermit?" Fozzie whispered into Kermit's ear. Well, if he'd had ears he would have. "What does this mean? For-for me?" Kermit turned and looked warmly at his long time friend.
"It means you're more than just air. You're our friend." he whispered, half yelled over the cheers and claps. For the first time in a long time, Fozzie smiled.

I am not sure where the inspiration to do this one shot of Fozzie came from, but all I know is I was listening to mr. Cellophane and it reminded me of Fozzie. It has been on my mind for a while and I decided to write/type it up. So please review and tell me your thoughts. Thanks, and have a superb New Year!!
~Figgie:embarrassed: