Movies You Want -- and Still Need -- to See

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey, has anybody here seen the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban? Naturally the film was already near the top of my must-see list, but the trailer somehow made me want to see it even more! I think, perhaps, that the Simpsons can sum this up best...

Lisa: "Be careful, Dad. You are the highly suggestible type."

Homer: "Yes, honey, I am the highly suggestible type."

:stick_out_tongue:

Seriously I have GOT to see the new Harry Potter movie!
I haven't seen that trailer either. When does it come out? Next summer? I'm certainly looking forward to it. That was a great book. It will be interesting to see what difference the new director makes, and how well the new Dumbledore fits in. The big one for me, though, is definitely "Return of the King." I am soooo psyched. They just better not screw this one up! :attitude:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I gotta see "Cheaper By The Dozen" for the feature-film debut of Tom Welling. Gotta support good ol' Clark Kent.

:smile:
yup, true...must support good ol' clark!! That and the fact I love the book!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I haven't seen that trailer either. When does it come out? Next summer? I'm certainly looking forward to it. That was a great book. It will be interesting to see what difference the new director makes, and how well the new Dumbledore fits in. The big one for me, though, is definitely "Return of the King." I am soooo psyched. They just better not screw this one up! :attitude:
Erin
I think the trailer is playing with the Looney Tunes movie this weekend, in case you were going to see that. If not, you can always see if the nice people will let you in to see the trailer. Looks like it's coming out June 4th, and the trailer makes it look wonderful. Very creepy and atmospheric. I'm really excited for Return of the King, too, and super excited for the extended cut of Two Towers that is coming out this week!

:excited:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
yup, true...must support good ol' clark!! That and the fact I love the book!
I haven't read it, and I haven't seen the original movie either. My wife, though (another proud Oklahoma-type), loves the book and is very excited about the movie. Though it will be strange to see Clark without his powers...

:wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I think the trailer is playing with the Looney Tunes movie this weekend, in case you were going to see that. If not, you can always see if the nice people will let you in to see the trailer. Looks like it's coming out June 4th, and the trailer makes it look wonderful. Very creepy and atmospheric. I'm really excited for Return of the King, too, and super excited for the extended cut of Two Towers that is coming out this week!

:excited:
Ooh, I know, that extended edition is going to be so cool!! :big_grin:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
That's what bothers me about the LOTR dvds. The week after I got Fellowship that blasted extended one came out and I couldn't exchange for it. For ROTK I'm just waiting for the extended.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I haven't bought the standard theatrical editions of either film, just because I knew the extended versions were coming out. I thought the first extended edition was so much richer and more satisfying that the theatrical cut, with so much more of the texture and nuance of the novel. I'm so excited for the second one this Tuesday!

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't buy the theater cut either, just the extended edition. Well, I actually didn't buy it, I got it for Christmas. But I was planning to get it eventually anyway. :wink:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem waiting for Christmas for stuff like that. Then nobody knows what to get me. I go out and buy all the cool DVDs that I want (or, at least, most of them), because I just get too excited to wait. I should probably pace myself, or I'll end up giving homemade macaroni art to everyone else for Christmas because I'll be flat broke!

:embarrassed:

P.S. Not that there's anything wrong with homemade macaroni art. It's pretty AND tasty!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I seem to have a problem waiting for Christmas for stuff like that. Then nobody knows what to get me. I go out and buy all the cool DVDs that I want (or, at least, most of them), because I just get too excited to wait. I should probably pace myself, or I'll end up giving homemade macaroni art to everyone else for Christmas because I'll be flat broke!

:embarrassed:

P.S. Not that there's anything wrong with homemade macaroni art. It's pretty AND tasty!
Hehe. Wow, I haven't made maccaroni art in a long time! I'm terrible at letting people know what I want for Christmas. Usually I don't know. And I want to be surprised. But Mom and Dad did have a major hunch about LOTR last year! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin