Movie theater intros

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's a really funny one featuring Barbie and Friends. You definitely do not want to break the rules in this theater.

Xerus

Reaction score
Anyone remember the time when movie theaters and drive-ins had those 10 minute intermission shows? And they show off their snack bar treats with neat films and animated cartoons?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Anyone remember the time when movie theaters and drive-ins had those 10 minute intermission shows? And they show off their snack bar treats with neat films and animated cartoons?
They still play those as several drive in theaters near me, also I believe the animator for the scientist bit animated some of the Sesame Street intros. Also, dang, if only the theaters I went to still served hot dogs and ice cream

Xerus

Reaction score
They still play those as several drive in theaters near me, also I believe the animator for the scientist bit animated some of the Sesame Street intros. Also, dang, if only the theaters I went to still served hot dogs and ice cream
Yes, it does look like Cliff Roberts animation.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Don't think this was an actual intro but I still wanted to share this here

Xerus

Reaction score
My local theater serves hot dogs and ice cream in wrappers. Including M&M ice cream pops.
I've noticed that classic intermission didn't have any nachos. I guess they weren't popular in movie theaters until later.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's a fake, but funny, snack bar ad. "Eat me with custard? Don't be silly!" That poor hot dog's final words.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's a snack bar ad where penguins visit the desert.