Moderator Requests

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,

We moderators have come upon some issues for a while now, and our requests seem to go unheard. So, I'm making a statement that I think the other Mod's may agree on, and those who are on the boards and are tired of some of the negative situations between members may appreciate.

I (for one) have asked everyone through the years as being a moderator that if someone irks you to not respond and put them on your ignore list. If you have done that, and someone sends you a message that the person you've ignored has posted something, then you should ignore that message because then that person is baiting you into the argument further.

When you have been contacted by a member of the moderation and we ask you to stop baiting and to put those you are not friends with on ignore so you will also not see their posts, then you should do that.

This is supposed to be a positive, fun atmosphere where everyone should get along. After all, if we're not here to get along then why are we here at all? It is a MUPPETS and Jim Henson fansite forum. Didn't we learn any messages from any of that? From Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street even?

I understand it is hard to keep quiet when you are attacked. But, sometimes keeping quiet lets those who are the bad guys show themselves as who they are.

Furthermore, if the argument at hand is not your argument, it is best to stay out of it. You wouldn't get involved in real-life, so why get involved in the digital world.

Therefore, when moderation asks you more than twice to put your "foes" on your ignore list and you do not do that, OR if you bait others and are asked to stop and you do not do that, you get ONE WEEK suspension from the forum.

If it continues after that week of suspension from the forum, it is a 30 DAY suspension.

If it continues after that 30 days, PERMANENT BAN.

It is a shame it's come to this, but when moderation asks more than twice to do something that will have a better outcome for everyone on the forum in the long run, then something has to be done.

So, I'm asking NOW that if you have an issue with any other members that RIGHT NOW you put them on your ignore list. Do not hesitate, please.

I should expect that from this point on we should all be able to respect each other for who we are, for whatever we believe, to allow others to have their opinions and to constructively discuss those opinions if necessary; that if others have issues that we try to not get involved (well, moderation MAY have to...), and that we understand what I always 'preach' around here:

We are all here to celebrate Jim Henson, The Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock, and then all the other works that Jim gave to us. He taught us love, compassion, friendship, sharing, cooperation, and even "happy endings" and through all of that positive work he's brought us all here as one big family. We should be one BIG happy family.

Do everything you can to bring happiness to each other, because we only have this life for a short while and the world is trying so hard to break us down. Without each other, even in the digital world on a forum, we don't have that many to back us.

Jim said he hoped to leave the world a little better than when he got here, and I think it is as easy as we take the work he gave us, let it inspire us and allow ourselves to create as much positive influence and inspiration in the world to keep his dream going. Let his dream be our dream! Let's inspire each other and influence each other in the best possible way imaginable.

It all starts with you.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
It's difficult to walk away and keep your thoughts to yourself when you feel you are being attacked, unfairly treated, etc. We get that. But this is not junior high. The mod staff is happy to step in when warranted-- inappropriate links, unprovoked attacks, etc. We will no longer act as hall monitors for petty bickering. Before you report a post, think: is this worth asking someone else to get involved? Was this provoked? If you believe the post is truly out of line, report it. But if you and another member have been pushing each other's buttons, trying to get a rise out of one another, please just stop and walk away from the thread. Be a grown up about it and let it go. Pick your battles-- fight the ones that need fighting, not because they irritated you but because there is a legitimate wrong involved.

Kermit does pick a fight with everyone who calls the Muppets weirdos. He stands up for himself and his friends, but he doesn't take on every name caller. Life's too short, you know?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, please keep in mind that if something seems to be going on that you feel is an unwarranted attack against someone on the forums, you can contact the members of the moderator team to talk it with them first. We will do our best to help defuse a situation before it gets to the point where it is necessary for any one of us to step in and physically manhandle the issue. The part that also hurts us as moderators is that we're members on the forums as well and have built up a repertoire of friends throughout the years. We hate it whenever we have to come down on a friend, but it inevitably happens from time to time. Furthermore, because we would like not to further alienate any member—and this lesson I have had to learn twice now for which I thoroughly apologize—ask a moderator first if you notice a friend has been placed on either of the two main temporary bans/suspensions.

Thanks for understanding (or oversitting) our stance regarding this weighty discussion.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Rules are rules, gang. If moderation requests you to do something to help keep the peace and you do not do it, and then you end up banned for the period of time listed above, please do not send hate e-mails to moderation as that will extend the ban period.

If you feel a case needs to be pleaded, please forward that complaint to Phillip. Just know that situations are discussed before any activity takes place.

Further, it isn't easy to moderate the forums because we like everyone here and that's what makes it unfair to not try and heed the moderators' requests. It's like folks are abusing their friendships with the moderators.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just want to say that I think all of our Moderaters are super awesome, and do a great job!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Rules are rules, gang. If moderation requests you to do something to help keep the peace and you do not do it, and then you end up banned for the period of time listed above, please do not send hate e-mails to moderation as that will extend the ban period.

If you feel a case needs to be pleaded, please forward that complaint to Phillip. Just know that situations are discussed before any activity takes place.

Further, it isn't easy to moderate the forums because we like everyone here and that's what makes it unfair to not try and heed the moderators' requests. It's like folks are abusing their friendships with the moderators.
Change your avatar to this fella and people will snap in line! For goodness sake. :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, if you think the PICTURE is scary, wait'll you see him singing "Wild Thing!" (yes, that's a plug for something in the future works).

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK..OK..I'll be good!holding up hands in surrender mode :eek:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? But you've always been good Kathy. Helping point out spamjerks we might have missed. *:super: hugs the cute Kathy-babbeee.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wha? But you've always been good Kathy. Helping point out spamjerks we might have missed. *:super: hugs the cute Kathy-babbeee.
10 Q! But anything to keep from seeing Muley sing "Wild Thing"! (just kidding,Kev!):wink:
*HUGS* back to the VONDERFUL mod Ed/:batty: