Mock-Muppet Magazine for Class

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I don't know why I never thought to share this with you all, since I made this 2 years ago during my senior year in College (which is why there's no mention of Muppets Most Wanted btw).

Anyways, I was taking a class in Adobe InDesign and we had to create a mock-magazine with consistent theming, originality, etc. and it could be about anything, so naturally I chose the Muppets. I called it "The Muppet Eras" and split the history of the Muppets into 4 time periods. (We can argue about what the various eras would be, but I chose these for the sake of the project). After all my hard work, I got an A!

Here are some things you might notice.
  • The main body text is Lorem Ipsum, which is dummy text used as a placeholder to add actual text later. We didn't have to create our own writing. I was going to come up with something original to put there, but I ran out of time.
  • The background of the front and back cover are in fact, Kermit's fur
  • The background of the inside pages are a faded picture of red curtains as a nod to The Muppet Show
  • Kermit's head serves as the page numbers
  • On each page on the upper left corner of the right page is a different picture of Gonzo
  • The reviews on the back are made up by me. I used the names of my professors.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh my goodness that is sooooo cool, @Gonzo14!! I'm glad you posted about this! You did such a fantastic job!!:smile: This makes me think if I should do something muppety for a class project lol!!:smile:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah if you have a project where they let you be creative and pick a topic, why not do something muppety...and then share it here! haha

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That looks really professional besides the cover, and the way you talked about the different times was really cool, I would buy that, it really is good looking.