Mobile Muppet Lab

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sure they have it all figured out about how there going to do it. But I can't wait to see how the'll do it, though.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I guess my question really should be phrased like this, "Will the Muppets maintain their individuality, or will they become robot replicas roaming the parks with many different puppeteers performing each character?" And if so, is this a good or bad thing?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Good question. Sense I believe Dave is only doing the test, I guess someone else would do it. But one of those articles said that lucky moved to Walt Disney World only I think. So that could be the case with this. But good question, though.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Watching YouTube videos of this event can also shed some light on the target audience. Most of the adults were laughing more so than the children. Perhaps Bunsen and Beaker aren't the strongest characters to have as the test. I wonder how a reception for Kermit or Fozzie might go? I don't want to sound like a doomsayer, I just really hope that these mobile Muppets can someday be a reality! I'm guessing the folks at Disney are also asking the same questions.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It looks like they went over well to me and I''m sure that the'll work fine. But it kind of seem's that Bunson was kind of going over kids heads just a little bit and going for the adults to laugh. But it seemed like even though kids might not might not recognize them as much, that they still seemd to respond will to them and were engeged and got to know and indentify with then pretty well. That's the impression I got, anyway.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
The good thing about the whole Mobile Muppet Labs is that it was a test. An amazing test at that! Hopefully Disney will take the initiative and really get the Mobile Muppet Labs up and functioning properly for everyday use in the near future. Not to mention having one at Walt Disney World in Orlando would be awesome.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, thst would be awsome. but I think they went over really well though. I guess they need a little more tweaking right now, though. Their just trying to figure it all out right now, what works, what doesn't with audences, that kind of thing, Sense this is all new to them and everything. But how cool is it that Bunson and Beaker are the test subjects! But I can't wait to see what coming in the future, too.

mrsieve

Reaction score
Not only did it look good, its more exposure if not re-exposure to the Muppet characters. Well start anywyas. Its only ironic that Bunsen and Beaker are the "test subjects" don't you think.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that is funny. and ironic that the test subjects (scientist) have test subjects themselves. But what better place for exposure then A Disney theme park where how ever many odd million number of people pass through ever year.