Mister Rogers' documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" to debut in select theaters June 8, 2018

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville (20 Feet from Stardom), "Won’t You Be My Neighbor?" takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.

A portrait of a man whom we all think we know, this emotional and moving film takes us beyond the zip-up cardigans and the land of make-believe, and into the heart of a creative genius who inspired generations of children with compassion and limitless imagination.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This looks amazing! I'll definitely see this if it comes to my surrounding area!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Saw this before Isle of Dogs. It comes out the day after my birthday and I love old PBS shows from my childhood, so I will determinedly see it!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I wonder if that’s why the Mr. Rogers documentary is re-airing on PBS for three days.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This looks amazing and I just know i'm gonna cry when I see it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If it's playing near you, go see this. You will not be disappointed. For someone my age, Mr. Rogers was every bit as important as Sesame Street.
(Katzi428 and myself go as far back, before there was PBS, there was NET). The man was incredible. For a Presbyterian minister to make his ministry in television (a medium he sometimes hated for all the garbage disguised as children's programming) was a colossal feat. Until his death (not long after 9/11) he kept struggling with good and evil in the world. Good won out.

Mario500

Reaction score
If it's playing near you, go see this. You will not be disappointed. For someone my age, Mr. Rogers was every bit as important as Sesame Street.
(Katzi428 and myself go as far back, before there was PBS, there was NET). The man was incredible. For a Presbyterian minister to make his ministry in television (a medium he sometimes hated for all the garbage disguised as children's programming) was a colossal feat. Until his death (not long after 9/11) he kept struggling with good and evil in the world. Good won out.
Could you explain the part of the message I had embolden?