Miss Piggy build. 'Blanket Pig method'

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Thanks!
Tons of people want to build a Miss Piggy and the truth is that she is not an easy build; in fact, she is one of the hardest. I really hope that this method inspires others to try and build one. This method is very easy on the wallet. The hardest part is getting the shape of the head right. The snout, the lips, the mouth...it's tricky stuff but if you are handy with a glue gun, you can trim away the parts that you don't like and glue on some new foam to carve and shape.
I will try to better explain how I got the head shape in a future post.

Her upper torso is skinned or blanketed. Next up will be her arms and lower body.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I've managed to stitch here wig in and I glued her eyes on. I had a 'Farrah Fawcett' wig in my drawer and it was the best candidate compared to the few others that I had.
I put some blush on her but you can't really see it in the pics. I may need to get something a little more contrasting.

I am hoping to get her arms done next. I'm still undecided on her outfit.

Her mouth is a bit stiff, it won't open wide but that's my compromise, I guess.

Still happy with the turnout so far and it sit hasn't broken the bank! :wink:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Coming down the home stretch. I am aiming to have this pig completed by the end of the weekend as I have other work related builds to get back to.

I am loving my pig!

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
As promised, here is the blanket that I built this Miss Piggy from. I think my total costs were about $40.