Misconceptions about your age

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh a phone I am often asked if my parents are home. Having a high voice like I do and usually not wearing make up/ having a 'young' fashion sense I many times have been seen as ether underaged or anywhere from 19-25. Since I really just turned 29 this year I feel like that is a blessing.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When i was a kid, people always thought i was older than i was due to a combination looking older and being very mature for my age in terms of personality and how i carried myself. (And since i started shaving at an early age also helped) That lasted from childhood up until my mid-20's. Once i was in my late 20's, i tended to "stay there" for a good while (probably due to relatively clean living...not smoking, drinking, etc plus good genes)

Now at 40 i still pass for young 30's and if i go clean shaven, late 20's. My entire family: siblings and both parents all were blessed with the ability to look at least ten years younger than actual age,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we're getting into the subject of phone conversations, then people tell me that I sound very much like my dad on the phone... I can pick up on similarities in our voices, but I wouldn't say it's exact.

Redsonga

Reaction score
In my case, the people think I'm my mother... :sigh:
Oh there there, it could be worst, people could think you're an even older family member.
I think my high smallish voice is partly because of how I was treated growing up. The whole 'children seen not heard' and old fashion 'men are talking' mindsets :\

Harleena

Reaction score
A lot of people think I'm younger than I actually am because of the things I like. Then when I answer the phone, people mistake me for someone older.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I was walking the other day to work and someone walking their dog asked me if I was in high school. Perhaps it was my backpack, but it threw me for a loop. I didn't think at 25 I looked super-young anymore, but who knows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was walking the other day to work and someone walking their dog asked me if I was in high school. Perhaps it was my backpack, but it threw me for a loop. I didn't think at 25 I looked super-young anymore, but who knows.
I'm just a year older than you, but people ask me if I'm still in school all the time. Well, I don't think they think I'm in high school, I think they probably think I'm in college or something, because people usually ask, "Are you still in school, or are you working, or both?"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still get asked if I'm in college, and I just went to my 10 year reunion, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still get asked if I'm in college, and I just went to my 10 year reunion, lol.
I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I used to assume you were much older than you are. Granted, you've never explicitly mentioned what your age is, though you've given us ideas as to what generation you're a part of, but I remember thinking you had to be into your 30s or even 40s, because you've always had a certain maturity about you and your posting style that always made you seem like the old and wise type.