Mirror Mask

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
At the end of the day, I think MirrorMask may have been a little strange for most viewers. Its a pretty unconventional movie.

What did you all think of the performances? I thought the acting was great...

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Well I honestly loved the movie. I love the story, the characters, the visuals. Overall though, it's kind of the "Napoleon Dynamite" of fantasy movies, in that you can't really tell if a person's gonna like it or hate it until they watch it.

SeanC

Reaction score
I remember buying this movie as a 'blind buy' a couple of years back. While I found it resonably entertaining, I'd have to say I was disappointed by the high level of CGI. While I'll accept that CGI is part and parcel of pretty much any modern fantasy movie, part of me was hoping for a lot of 'Dark Crystal/Labyrinth' physical effects. Oh well... it passed a couple of hours. Haven't watched it since, though.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I watched this movie and remember it being entertaining, but its nothing I'd own or probably watch again, it doesnt compare to the real Henson works, like Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal - if Jim were alive, I imagine this movie would have been very different...

bandit

Reaction score
I thought this film was actually pretty intriguing. It was gloomy, moody and it had the feel of a cross between a Jan Svankmajer piece and a Dali painting brought to life. Mirror mask had the feel of a strange, deep, dream you're not quite sure was a nightmare or not.
Frankly, I loved it! But I can see where it might not be for everyone, I guess.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You know the when I first watched this movie I wasn't sure how I felt...but the more i remembered the movi the more it grew on me... I do now own it and the story book retelling of it. I also have a fiurine of Valentine that someone got for me.