MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hear, hear! Well said, Frogboy!

I don't know if we got spoiled by some of the companies out there actually listening to the fans, but when it's the fans who will be paying for this stuff they really need to listen to us and what we want and expect in products. They could certainly ensure a popular and successful product line if they do/would.
I think so too. The thing I never understood about the blind boxing is that most of the money for that strategy is made in the secondary market and wouldn't go to MindStyle. It really cloaks the legitimate popularity of an item.

I'm still hoping for some pictures to surface of the prototypes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think so too. The thing I never understood about the blind boxing is that most of the money for that strategy is made in the secondary market and wouldn't go to MindStyle. It really cloaks the legitimate popularity of an item.

I'm still hoping for some pictures to surface of the prototypes.
Blind Boxed vynal PVC figures is the new it thing in toy collecting. It's one of those borrowing flavors from the east sort of thing. Of course, most of Japanese blind boxes are relatively cheap (In Japan at any rate) The reason why some of the Japanese Blinds are pricey over here is due to shipping and duty. But the Japanese ones I've seen go for as little as 2 bucks (for small candy figures) to about 7 dollars (bigger statuettes) Some more, again due to shipping and duty.

The action figure seems to be out. The NECA TMNT line seems to be thriving, but the vynal toy fad really kicked them to the curb... plus, half the action figures I've seen make no sense. I see the appeal of the show LOST, but they don't work as far as toys. Plus, well, most of the "action figures" I've seen (mostly from McFarline) are basically just statuettes masquerading as action figures.

Though I will say, I wish someone from MidStyle would come over here and discuss these. I know not every company can be Palisades, but even the 4FunKids or whatever it was that first did the Sesame Street line came in to ask for feedback.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Blind Boxed vynal PVC figures is the new it thing in toy collecting. It's one of those borrowing flavors from the east sort of thing. Of course, most of Japanese blind boxes are relatively cheap (In Japan at any rate) The reason why some of the Japanese Blinds are pricey over here is due to shipping and duty. But the Japanese ones I've seen go for as little as 2 bucks (for small candy figures) to about 7 dollars (bigger statuettes) Some more, again due to shipping and duty.

The action figure seems to be out. The NECA TMNT line seems to be thriving, but the vynal toy fad really kicked them to the curb... plus, half the action figures I've seen make no sense. I see the appeal of the show LOST, but they don't work as far as toys. Plus, well, most of the "action figures" I've seen (mostly from McFarline) are basically just statuettes masquerading as action figures.

Though I will say, I wish someone from MidStyle would come over here and discuss these. I know not every company can be Palisades, but even the 4FunKids or whatever it was that first did the Sesame Street line came in to ask for feedback.
I understand the strategy's origin, but don't think it's a good fit with the Western collector. Japanese toy style - sure, but marketing gimmick - needlessly irritates more than just me. I would go so far as to say that it puts some collectors off from a line completely. I have known that to be the case.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind blind-boxing if it were like it used to be with trading cards IF it came at the price of a pack of trading cards (what is it now, $3.00?). Will they sell me an action figure or statuette for $3.00? No? I certainly don't want to spend $100 seeking one character.

Unless, if that's how it's being done, those of us who know each other well enough to do it set up a new trading-program?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I understand the strategy's origin, but don't think it's a good fit with the Western collector. Japanese toy style - sure, but marketing gimmick - needlessly irritates more than just me. I would go so far as to say that it puts some collectors off from a line completely. I have known that to be the case.

Personally, I think that it's needlessly gimicky to steal another country's idea and transition it to these lame hipster toys. Once again, I like the Gary Baseman stuff, but the rest of the Smoking cigarette statues and fat Ronald Mc DOnald things annoy the heck out of me. Call me crazy, but I miss action figures.

If they still intend to have window boxes on these Fraggles, they will have done a service. Basically these toys are designed for hipsters with too much disposible income that don't care if they waste 10 bucks a hundred times getting the same one over and over.

But, for my taste, the only things I like blind assorted are something like MUSCLE or Monster In My Pocket. Something where you get a bunch of little figures, and it doesn't matter if you get one or two of the same guy in a package, if the rest of them are all new ones.

But when it's one thing in there?

We really need to set up a trading partnership when these come out, so we can get the ones we want.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Personally, I think that it's needlessly gimicky to steal another country's idea and transition it to these lame hipster toys. Once again, I like the Gary Baseman stuff, but the rest of the Smoking cigarette statues and fat Ronald Mc DOnald things annoy the heck out of me. Call me crazy, but I miss action figures.

If they still intend to have window boxes on these Fraggles, they will have done a service. Basically these toys are designed for hipsters with too much disposible income that don't care if they waste 10 bucks a hundred times getting the same one over and over.

But, for my taste, the only things I like blind assorted are something like MUSCLE or Monster In My Pocket. Something where you get a bunch of little figures, and it doesn't matter if you get one or two of the same guy in a package, if the rest of them are all new ones.

But when it's one thing in there?

We really need to set up a trading partnership when these come out, so we can get the ones we want.
Yay, Puppy In My Pocket :excited:! I can so see it now, someday, with all the fraggle there are "Fraggle In My Pocket"! ...And the playsets could be the size of Littlest Pet Shop ones:insatiable:!

beaker

Reaction score
Interesting how not one picture of these things from Toy Fair 08' appeared online in any form:smile:

Chances are the FR license will be given to companies who can make actual FR figures and cool merchandise. Remember the Sababa 2003 era? I LOVED their Doozer figurines and plushes.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But even Sababa was a little off. I mean, if you recall the larger plush toys of the core five, Mokey was--again--left out & Wembley was done horrendously.