MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. I have a feeling the Red appearance is going to draw a huge crowd even before YouTube. :excited:
Of course it will. Red is one of the most popular Fraggles and is--along with her friends--an iconic staple.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Of course it will. Red is one of the most popular Fraggles and is--along with her friends--an iconic staple.
Like I said, when I was little I thought Red was the main character of FR, and Gobo was just her sidekick *lol*:excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Aren't these shelved until the movie? That's what had been reported.
They were VERY lucky getting that license before the movie was properly greenlighted weren't they? lol. I bet they're attitude will change about the potential market for these, probably wouldn't even need the blind boxing at all now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
They were VERY lucky getting that license before the movie was properly greenlighted weren't they? lol. I bet they're attitude will change about the potential market for these, probably wouldn't even need the blind boxing at all now.
Why would they need to blind box them anyway? To sell more?:confused: After comic con they might not have to worry about that :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smirk: What are you talking about? I don't think you understood me.

Having licensors at the ComicCon actually see so many people (die hard and casual fans alike) gathered to watch Red's performance tomorrow will prove how loved - and marketable - they are. It won't take YouTube to show Fraggle popularity (even though it's sweet for the fans who can't go). That is and has always been my point. :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
:smirk: What are you talking about? I don't think you understood me.

Having licensors at the ComicCon actually see so many people (die hard and casual fans alike) gathered to watch Red's performance tomorrow will prove how loved - and marketable - they are. It won't take YouTube to show Fraggle popularity (even though it's sweet for the fans who can't go). That is and has always been my point. :coy:
And a good point it is *patpat* :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why would they need to blind box them anyway? To sell more?
Cuz Japan does it, and that makes it okay? I've bought a lot of Japanese blind box figures when they were Japan exclusive. Kinnikuman Statuettes, One Piece figures with candy...

As I said, I'm not one of those guys who goes out and collects the trendy Kidrobot "Obscure artist PVC bears puking" figures, but I'll definately pick up these Fraggles.

And as I recall, they wanted a set they could sell to comic book stores that come with letters (for no reason) that are blind box, and a smaller run of letterless window boxed figures. I hope they just give up the former, and give us the latter.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ah well, the artistic things I could do even with FR letter blocks ;3

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cuz Japan does it, and that makes it okay? I've bought a lot of Japanese blind box figures when they were Japan exclusive. Kinnikuman Statuettes, One Piece figures with candy...

As I said, I'm not one of those guys who goes out and collects the trendy Kidrobot "Obscure artist PVC bears puking" figures, but I'll definately pick up these Fraggles.

And as I recall, they wanted a set they could sell to comic book stores that come with letters (for no reason) that are blind box, and a smaller run of letterless window boxed figures. I hope they just give up the former, and give us the latter.
Exactly. I know of no figures that are collected because of their alphabetical appeal. That smacks of a corporate decision from someone that doesn't understand action figures, collectors and not to mention the Fraggle brand. The blind boxing that I went through with their Jim Henson City Critters was beyond irritating! They were 7 bucks a piece, but I would have put down twice that amount to insure a specific character. I like the MindStyle figures and the fact that they’re doing this license, but I don’t like their customer strategies. Both of these schemes come from a cold place rather than one of Fraggley warmth. :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hear, hear! Well said, Frogboy!

I don't know if we got spoiled by some of the companies out there actually listening to the fans, but when it's the fans who will be paying for this stuff they really need to listen to us and what we want and expect in products. They could certainly ensure a popular and successful product line if they do/would.