• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. The show debuts on PBS next Sunday at 7|6c and an official DVD is on the way.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Mike Lisa: No puppet after 11 years

alexpuppet

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone else waited over 11 years for a puppet from replica puppet builder Mike Lisa? He is Currently working under the name of MJL puppets (previously Creature Clones). Michael took over a $1000 from me in the summer of 2006 and I have seen nothing. He is now unresponsive after years of false promises and even trying to sell me more puppets while I wait.

I see he is still advertising his puppets through social media so presume he is still in business? I hope no other Muppet fans go through the same experience I have with MJL puppets. An expensive lesson learned! But I would be interested to hear other people's stories. Becareful folks.
I wish i had read this thread before sending this man over $4000. Boy do I feel stupid

alexpuppet

Reaction score
How long ago mate?

Does he have a refund policy or anything so you can get your money back
I sent him the money at the end of December 2018 and he was supposed to start work on March 15. He is such a liar...he wont even send me pictures (obviously because he never started them!). I have asked for my money back on different occasions and he says all sales are final

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I sent him the money at the end of December 2018 and he was supposed to start work on March 15. He is such a liar...he wont even send me pictures (obviously because he never started them!). I have asked for my money back on different occasions and he says all sales are final
As I've said a few times on this thread...

Take him to court. That's the only way you'll get anything from him

Doctimelash

Reaction score
I don't get people like him, makes us who make puppets look bad. I get there can be delays, tracking down materials or waiting for puppet pelts to get stock.. But I mean be upfront, if you can't do the project give the money back. I would only ask for money after the project is done or half payment to secure materials. It angers me so much... I hope everyone gets the money back from this con man (it's a shame as they are nice looking).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone else waited over 11 years for a puppet from replica puppet builder Mike Lisa? He is Currently working under the name of MJL puppets (previously Creature Clones). Michael took over a $1000 from me in the summer of 2006 and I have seen nothing. He is now unresponsive after years of false promises and even trying to sell me more puppets while I wait.

I see he is still advertising his puppets through social media so presume he is still in business? I hope no other Muppet fans go through the same experience I have with MJL puppets. An expensive lesson learned! But I would be interested to hear other people's stories. Becareful folks.
You should sue him