Mike Lisa: No puppet after 11 years

alexpuppet

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone else waited over 11 years for a puppet from replica puppet builder Mike Lisa? He is Currently working under the name of MJL puppets (previously Creature Clones). Michael took over a $1000 from me in the summer of 2006 and I have seen nothing. He is now unresponsive after years of false promises and even trying to sell me more puppets while I wait.

I see he is still advertising his puppets through social media so presume he is still in business? I hope no other Muppet fans go through the same experience I have with MJL puppets. An expensive lesson learned! But I would be interested to hear other people's stories. Becareful folks.
I wish i had read this thread before sending this man over $4000. Boy do I feel stupid

alexpuppet

Reaction score
How long ago mate?

Does he have a refund policy or anything so you can get your money back
I sent him the money at the end of December 2018 and he was supposed to start work on March 15. He is such a liar...he wont even send me pictures (obviously because he never started them!). I have asked for my money back on different occasions and he says all sales are final

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I sent him the money at the end of December 2018 and he was supposed to start work on March 15. He is such a liar...he wont even send me pictures (obviously because he never started them!). I have asked for my money back on different occasions and he says all sales are final
As I've said a few times on this thread...

Take him to court. That's the only way you'll get anything from him

Doctimelash

Reaction score
I don't get people like him, makes us who make puppets look bad. I get there can be delays, tracking down materials or waiting for puppet pelts to get stock.. But I mean be upfront, if you can't do the project give the money back. I would only ask for money after the project is done or half payment to secure materials. It angers me so much... I hope everyone gets the money back from this con man (it's a shame as they are nice looking).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone else waited over 11 years for a puppet from replica puppet builder Mike Lisa? He is Currently working under the name of MJL puppets (previously Creature Clones). Michael took over a $1000 from me in the summer of 2006 and I have seen nothing. He is now unresponsive after years of false promises and even trying to sell me more puppets while I wait.

I see he is still advertising his puppets through social media so presume he is still in business? I hope no other Muppet fans go through the same experience I have with MJL puppets. An expensive lesson learned! But I would be interested to hear other people's stories. Becareful folks.
You should sue him