Michael Jackson's Jeweled Kermit Bust

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by CherryPizza
OK, this thread is getting way off topic, connections to the Muppets are oh-so-tenuous... but maybe he could be one of the latex creatures in The Dark Crystal
Off topic? Wha? What's ON topic???

There are lots of Muppets who don't have noses...or detachable ones, like Bert!

Yeah, I feel for the guy (Michael Jackson). He's obviously had some trauma in his life, and seems to be a bit disconnected from the world around him. But even though I feel sorry for him, I don't think because you have X amount of money or star power you should be able to endanger your children. I used to think he was just eccentric, but I'm starting to think he's "dangerous."

And "Bad."

Sometimes a "Thriller."

Really, he's "History."

Okay, I think that's all of his album titles I know.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey, if you think child endangerment is funny, Jamie, you should see what we do to Miles sometime!

Awwww, cute little nugget!

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I used to think he was just eccentric, but I'm starting to think he's "dangerous."

And "Bad."

Sometimes a "Thriller."

Really, he's "History."

Okay, I think that's all of his album titles I know.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn
Ok, that was just too darn funny! LOL

I think its appropriate to talk about that special lastnight. Hes someone a lot of us grew up with, and at times admired. In the early to mid 80's he was one of my favoirte musical artists...I mean MJ was pretty much the biggest thingnext to skinny ties and Reagan in the 80's. Sadly, it doesnt take a psychologist to see how far mentally deteriated and diassociative he is.

The sad thing? There are legions of grown men who foster and are codependent to him just because of the almighty dollar. I dont doubt for a second his sincerity in his love of humanity and all that...but c'mon! So much of his behavor is so alarming...
it really shows you the power of the dollar bill(its what got OJ off, got Bush into power, got Osama so powerful, etc)

Finally, what the h was up with those masks he makes his kids wear? It looked like something out of that orgy mansion scene in Eyes Wide Shut. That just aint right.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

It was the Pill Box, I knew it as soon as i saw it !

I actually saw that these were still available to buy online, But very pricy !

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
I don't really want to comment on whether MJ is insane or cracked up, off his head or whatever but i do know he's a very smart business person and not quite the wacked out wierdo you saw on that show. I think at times he was playing up to the cameras and at others they've twisted a lot of what he said or edited it in a way that makes it look worse than it is. Admittedly things seem a little bizarre but i think they were overhyped too. I certainly wouldn't trust Bashir or some of the people involved with the production of that show.

.... and he's a Muppet fan ! Where's all the Muppety fan love ?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
MJ was pretty much the biggest thingnext to skinny ties and Reagan in the 80's. Sadly, it doesnt take a psychologist to see how far mentally deteriated and diassociative he is.
Reagan?

That's just RUDE, Cory!!!

Wait, it's your birthday....you're right, sir.

Quinnnnnnnnn

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Creepy gloved one? I'm a huge MJ fan, so I resent that. The special was definately unfair to him, and that's why he, his fans and even ex-wife are all furious. His kids r fine; he's a great father; the final cut never showed that.

On another note, I'd love to have a set of crystal muppets:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
Creepy gloved one? I'm a huge MJ fan, so I resent that. The special was definately unfair to him, and that's why he, his fans and even ex-wife are all furious. His kids r fine; he's a great father; the final cut never showed that.
While I agree it is easy to edit, angle, and bias any agenda from a documentary or the like; there is sadly only one conclusion to come to from this 2 hour special. It was just really sad to see a childhood hero so far beyond the realm of coherency and mental stability, and deeply entrenched into the realm of sheer madness.
I feel bad for him, I know he doesnt mean any harm...but never the less the special left me with quite a sadness and disturbed feeling(as Im sure it did with most who watched it)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. He's been performing so much (since he was 6) and being in the lime light can make a person unstable. Unlike Mariah Carey who just cracked up because she's a whiney, selfish, nasty, greedy, untalented *(^^%&%!

ANyway, I fear for his kids, though. I mean, when I heard about the Kermit thing, I didn't know if he wanted to collect it, or make his kidxs wear it. I mean, he's in total fear that he's going to have them kidnapped and ransomed, so he covers them up.

It's kind of scary, kind of weird, and kind of sad.

His father REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY screwed him up, didn't he?