MFS widescreen DVD trade

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
From what I've heard though, the DVD included in this combo pack is the same full-screen-only DVD that's been going around for years.
That doesn't surprise me at all, really. If the Blu-Ray is indeed in widescreen, I'll pick it up. It is really cheap, after all.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I got the "Muppets From Space" 2005 DVD at Target a while back for its typical $5 price. Though it was with a gift card I won, so it was basically a free dvd. I would've also gotten the MTM dvd, but it was out of stock or something at the time, and I still don't have it yet. I don't see why the 1999 DVD is nowhere to be found in stores, of the DVDs I have MFS is 1 of the only 2 fullscreen DVDs I have. I seriously don't understand why they made the 2005 reprint whatsoever. Why would you make a widescreen and fullscreen DVD of the the film, and then 6 years later release it with NO new special features, and ONLY in fullscreen, I don't understand. Also it has a green background vs. the original black background which looks MUCH more space-like, and attractive, not to say I don't like the green cover, but I just prefer the black one. I was even considering not even upgrading from a VHS to a DVD. Look at the logic, I only buy DVDs for bonuses and upgrading. The only thing that made me buy the DVD was the really cool commentary making it worth my 5 bucks. Heck, I didn't even buy the Blu-Ray, because there's really nothing new. In all, I think for the 2005 reprint they should have just kept the black background and added a few deleted scenes and maybe behind the scenes featurette, and muppet fans would be attracted to it like flies to honey, and the same goes for the Blu-Ray. Oh well, I still love my reprint DVD.