MC script: WE write the next movie!

HPDJ

Reaction score
I've heared from various over users that a group of users have all grouped together to write a script for a new Muppet movie in the past. Maybe we should revive this and all pitch in together to write a new script!
TO ADMINISTRATORS: Please could we possibly put this on the Games board, please???

We need to decide on an idea. Please read the chosen book before you participate. We will NOT write the script on this thread. This is an "idea" thread.

Please post ideas for which book we can adapt on this thread. We will later decide the cast (e.g. Kermit the Frog as...)

Please don't ask for Alice in Wonderland as that is almost definately going to be the next Muppet movie.

MY IDEAS:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (my favourite)
Murder on the Orient Express
The Secret Garden

Please add coments about previous user's ideas in your post and add you ideas!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*arches eyebrow* A Muppet version of "Murder on the Orient Express"...that could be interesting. Definate possiblities there, methinks. I'm torn between casting Kermit or Gonzo as Hercule Poirot.

In keeping with the "mystery" theme, how about a Muppet version of one of the Sherlock Holmes stories? There's the old standby "A Scandal in Bohemia", or there's "The Hound of the Baskervilles" if one wants to adapt an entire Holmes novel rather than one of the short stories.

As far as other ideas go, a Muppet adaptation of The Three Musketeers would be neat. *thinks* Kermit as Athos, Fozzie as Porthos, Gonzo as Aramis and Scooter as d'Artagnan, maybe.

-Kim

HPDJ

Reaction score
Sherlock Holmes-:smile:
3 musketeers-Not sure...

HPDJ

Reaction score
We want to keep it PG, tutter fan.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Not an idea, rather a question:

Does it have to be from an existing book, or will you take original ideas into consideration as well?

Thanks!
Anthony :smile:

GPrime1

Reaction score
Check out the episode of Muppets Tonight with Jason Alexander. It features a skit that parodies Murder on the Orient Express. I'd be hesitant to do a Holmes story, as much of his adventures were short fiction (apart from The Hound of the Baskervilles). Besides, we kind of limit ourselves to the number of characters that can be used. I'm getting a little tired of the EM and Rowlf cameos in the last 4 films. Let's have them actually DO something!

HPDJ

Reaction score
We'd like it to be an existing book, like MTI or MCC.

I also think MARY POPPINS or THE SWORD IN THE STONE would be a great idea!

Squidward

Reaction score
I would think that if an existing story were to be the basis for the next Muppet movie, it should be Robin Hood. Kermit could be Robin Hood, Piggy would be Maid Marian, and some real human actor could play the Sheriff of Nottingham or Prince John. And Fozzie, Gonzo, etc. could be the Merry Men. That way a bunch of them could be included and have pretty good parts. I know they already did a comedy version with "Robin Hood: Men in Tights", but this could be different and very funny.