MC Members & the Hurricane: AL, LA, MS, KY, GA, FL

chicamuppet

Reaction score
Oh my! I was pretrified when I saw the hurricane at the new, but I did not realized it could touch so directly people I appreciate... Hope everybody is ok, I wish so. We just have several hurricanes in Spain (in spain there are NEVER hurricanes). There were not so strong like Katrina, but we all were scared.

Please, MCs who live in New Orleans and so on, please, do tell us you´re fine

peachesncream

Reaction score
i'm kinda new to this site but i do live in new orleans.the devastion here like sugarbritches said is unbelieveable. it's worse than they are showing on tv. on my first trip back to the area i could not believe my eyes.there are also so many stories that people are making up(gretna is a wonderful city)and some that aren't even making the news. my dear cousin was a sgt with the nopd who took his life during the storm because it was too much to experience. they did stories about it on inside edition and dateline.it was hard enough with his death but to have it on national news is another thing. it's like living in a horrible dream and just waiting to wake up. so many other families share in the heart break and the loss.my college roomate's parents evacuated to the convention center and she can not find them because the do not speak english well enough.several of my family members have lost everything because their houses were under water. not to bring you on a sad note but not many people actaully realize what happened here or what is really going on.everyone in the gulf coast , not just new orleans, needs support and prayers . though i am living with the effects of katrina my prayers and thoughts are with those others who have been affected by her. i also hope that when we rebuild the city everyone will come back to visit her.i'm proud to say i live in new orleans and think everyone needs to experience the city at least once in their life.thank you for letting me rant on. it was bit longer than i thought it would be but i guess i just needed an outlet to let some of these feelings out.i'm having a hard time sleeping at night and this forum is helping me.let's hope rita stays away! :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That was your cousin? How sad. I read about that on CNN.com.

I really wish I had the power to turn back the hands of time and stop all that from happening.

I wish the best for everyone, as you might imagine.

Just move on up to Memphis! It's only a 6 hour drive and then you're home! :smile:

chicamuppet

Reaction score
I´m so sorry...Every time I remember this desater could have been less painful if well organised...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Cantus Rock and family survived with minor damage (in S. FL). Good to hear everyone is doing well for the most part.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GOOD! Glad to know you're okay.

Hurricanes galore; earthquakes...

All we need now are some volcanoes to pop and I'm going to consider that the end of the world is nigh.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK everyone. Survived Wilma.She wasn't nasty to us like we thought she'd be.Just some heavy rain & a bit of thunder but that's about it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WHEW! Good!

I was worried about it. I called a friend of mine down there and told him to come to Memphis with me. He said, "Nah, it's just a little thing now. No worries."

I'm happy all is fine!

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's great to hear, Kathy. Looks like the people in the far south like Ft. Lauderdale and Miami got hit pretty hard (I just saw a news story saying over 3 million are without power) but the death toll is 4 (for Floridians; 23 overall) so glad the fatalities aren't anything like the Katrina disaster.

Xela

Reaction score
Wilma hit South Florida hard. I know, because I live right where the most intense parts of the storm hit.

NO ELECTRICITY FOR 12 DAYS!!!

Luckily, I'm okay, and so are my friends. And my house. Ooh, the hurricanes are so scary...listening to the wind howling and not being able to see outside because of the windows being boarded up with metal shutters...

Now I hear there's another tropical storm a-brewin'. "Gamma" or something. They say it's not going to hit any of us..but who knows.