MC Members & the Hurricane: AL, LA, MS, KY, GA, FL

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to come onto the tail end of this thread but Phillip and I wanted to extend our thoughts and prayers to those affected by the hurricane. We lift each and everyone of you up in prayer and ask that you and your families be safe. Glad to see so far that a lot of our members are ok. But like Kev said, we need to hear from more. This is a big place and I know there are more people from the coastal area that hang around MC.

It's hard to believe just how many people are affected by this disaster. In fact in our little town in the panhandle of Texas we took in 250 refugees over the weekend and we expect to take into the thousands more.

Whatever

Reaction score
Wow, the hurricane is beginning to feel very close to home when I hear how it has affected you guys. I'm very glad that everyone seems to be safe and sound!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear from those of you that are ok! I keep praying for everyone affected. Minnesota is taking in some 3000 refugees putting them up at one of our army camps (since many of our troops are in Iraq we've got the room I guess). I'm hoping to start a sock/mitten/hat drive at my church for the refugees who will be with us into this winter and have never owned such items because they didn't need to. God bless all those affected.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I made this thread a STICKY so folks will be able to see it quickly.

I'm very thankful for all the folks who've found their way back to MC to let us know they're okay.

Keep a-prayin' gang! I hope to see more coming back and they're okay!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I heard it went through Kentucky: Byron, everybody in your family okay?
Yep, shore thang, Kev. Thanks fer askin'. :smile:

We just had NON-STOP RAIN for 2 days straight when she passed through here...LOVED IT! :big_grin:

But unfortunately, my daddy didn't need the rain...he didn't love it so much (he's a farmer). :-\

But yeah, everybody's cool. :cool:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good. Glad to hear. Did Animal leave you a message recently, Byron? :smile: Also, you've been mentioned in the "MC Love" thread. heh heh...

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I'm also in Britain and although I did feel detached from the original disaster, I've seen enough stories about looting, raping, violence and murders to be affected by what has happened since.

It's sad to see that even in the light of disaster some people are unable to pull together and work things out for everyone, but instead work for theri own gain. I'm also sad that people have been failed by those that should be protecting them. But my thanks and thoughts go to everyone with the difficult job of now working 'on the ground.'

My prayers are with everyone caught up in the hurricane and in what seems to have been an even worse aftermath.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Good. Glad to hear. Did Animal leave you a message recently, Byron? :smile: Also, you've been mentioned in the "MC Love" thread. heh heh...
1. Yes, "he" did. :stick_out_tongue:

2. Well what's the surprise? :wink:

:-P

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for that, HT! Prayers and love, no matter how many miles away they are, are always appreciated!!