Matt Vogel

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
It would be sooooooo cool to be Matt Vogle! (the guy who is going to replace Carrol Spinny AKA Big Bird) I mean, he doesent have to do any work to get his puppet known, Big Bird is a living ledgend, its all se up for him. NOw Im not saying its easy work, it must be hard to live up to Carrol Spinnys standards of Big Bird, Im just saying he has the one of the greatest jobs in the world. I could never do that (mainly cuz I couldent sound like Big BIrd if my life depended on it) lol, Kepp up the good work Matt! :smile: Does he play anyone elce?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Matt does a really good Oscar, too, although an official Oscar understudy hasn't been announced yet.

On Sesame Street, apart from his Big Bird duties, Matt is David Rudman's regular right-hand assistant on Baby Bear and Cookie Monster, and he's part of "Team Elmo," the puppeteers who perform Elmo's dancing and action sequences in Elmo's World.

He doesn't have any regular characters of his own yet, but like all the Sesame performers, he performs a lot of one-shot characters and background Muppets.

A couple of years ago Matt voiced Scooter and Janice for a Muppet racing game on Playstation. He's also a talented musican and filmmaker, and a nice guy, to boot.

secret squirrel

Ryan

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
Matt does a really good Oscar, too, although an official Oscar understudy hasn't been announced yet.

On Sesame Street, apart from his Big Bird duties, Matt is David Rudman's regular right-hand assistant on Baby Bear and Cookie Monster, and he's part of "Team Elmo," the puppeteers who perform Elmo's dancing and action sequences in Elmo's World.

He doesn't have any regular characters of his own yet, but like all the Sesame performers, he performs a lot of one-shot characters and background Muppets.

A couple of years ago Matt voiced Scooter and Janice for a Muppet racing game on Playstation. He's also a talented musican and filmmaker, and a nice guy, to boot.

secret squirrel
This is why we love you, Secret Squirrel. BTW, I was asking on Tough Pigs; Do you know how Bert's eyebrow is capable of moving? is it a string, or something more complicated?

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Ryan. "I was asking on Tough Pigs; Do you know how Bert's eyebrow is capable of moving? is it a string, or something more complicated?"

The answer from another poster on the Tough Pigs board is pretty darn accurate. I forget their name for now. But seek there and ye shall find.

By the way, Matt Vogel is one of the performers of Audrey II in the Broadway run of Little Shop. Can't believe I didn't mention that in my previous message. There are bios at www.littleshopofhorrors.com.

secret squirrel

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ryan, I still think Bert's Brow is connected on either end to his head, and the center moves up and down, so I think it has pretty much the same concept as Animal's. I'd be pretty sure it has something to do with moving your finger inside the head.

Kynan said: "I don't know how the mechanism works exactly, but here's what I do know:
The mouth grip has a little hole for the middle (or "rude") finger. When Eric lifts his middle finger, Bert's eyebrow goes up, and when he re-aligns his finger, the eyebrow goes down.

What I don't know, but I'd be prepared to bet, is that there isn't a hole behind the middle of the eyebrow, as you'd expect, but that there are two holes, one at either end of the brow -- the ends that don't move. A wire runs through the eyebrow, and by triggering the mechanism, the wire is squeezed, pushing it up.

Dodgy analogy: Imagine holding a playing card between your fingers. With a squeeze, the card will bend into a mild arch shape, and when you release, it returns to its original, cardy shape."

Now, I wonder which one it was?

Fortron

Reaction score
Did you know: Vogel is the Dutch word voor Bird?
It is true though.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"Did you know: Vogel is the Dutch word voor Bird?"

Matt and Caroll both wear orange slippers over their Bird feet during rehearsals, to cut down wear and tear on the official feet. Matt's slippers say "Vogel" on his right foot and "Foose" on his left, meaning, approximately, "Bird Feet."

secret squirrel

Torarin

Reaction score
Bert's eyebrows are controlled with a mechanism where you put your middle finger in a little ring and when you pull it back it moves the eyebrows. To make them go the other way you push it. (Might aswell be one for up and one for down, not sure) This is pretty complicated mechanisms, it's not just a simple string. The eyebrows are attached to his head on both sides of the eyebrow to two "sticks" that rotate to move the eyebrow. Lets say you want them to go up. First you drag the ring towards the back of his head with your middle finger. The left part of his eyebrow would be rotated counter-clockwise. The other one would rotate clockwise.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Squirrel--I love tidbits of informative trivia like that. It's fun!

:frown: *Pulling back on Bert's ring...*