matleo's annual toy fair trip

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is too bad about the "Frog" documentary. I know they're trying their best, but the bonus features on these sets have been very disapointing. I think copyright laws are important, but it's just not right how they keep interfereing with art and the enjoyment of the audience (who, you know, pays for these things! lol)

matleo

Reaction score
That is too bad about the "Frog" documentary. I know they're trying their best, but the bonus features on these sets have been very disapointing. I think copyright laws are important, but it's just not right how they keep interfereing with art and the enjoyment of the audience (who, you know, pays for these things! lol)
I think Season 3 starts to make up for some of that. I'm actually really looking forward to the "Company of Characters" featurette and I think the other things they have on there will be fun. You've got to appreciate that this IS an expensive show to put on DVD to begin with and I think bringing in Craig and his encyclopedic knowledge of the Henson Archives is a certainly a step in the right direction for these sets. I'm mostly happy to just have the show on DVD at all and anything they add on there is just icing on the cake.

but that's just my opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm mostly happy to just have the show on DVD at all and anything they add on there is just icing on the cake.
Oh yes, how true that is. We can't get too spoiled about these things, lol. Well, I'll wait see how the Season 3 turns out. As I said, I know they're trying their best to put out a good product. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
There appears to be a blackout/censoring of any Fraggle Rock photos from any online Toy Fair 2008 coverage, odd.

Anyways, sorry to hear these wont be posable:frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There appears to be a blackout/censoring of any Fraggle Rock photos from any online Toy Fair 2008 coverage, odd.

Anyways, sorry to hear these wont be posable:frown:
I don't see MINDstyle as being as much of a fan-friendly company like others we're used to. The black-out has been concerning me too. I don't think they understand what they have on their hands: that the Fraggles aren't Sesame Street letters and numbers characters or that there is great strength in the Fraggle brand without need for any marketing tricks. I knew these wouldn't be posable and that's fine with me. I would support a PVC line of Fraggle figures if they made them good enough. :coy:

I wanna see these sculpts. Lets hope that now the Fare is over some pictures will pop up somewhere! :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
I don't see MINDstyle as being as much of a fan-friendly company like others we're used to. The black-out has been concerning me too. I don't think they understand what they have on their hands: that the Fraggles aren't Sesame Street letters and numbers characters or that there is great strength in the Fraggle brand without need for any marketing tricks. I knew these wouldn't be posable and that's fine with me. I would support a PVC line of Fraggle figures if they made them good enough. :coy:

I wanna see these sculpts. Lets hope that now the Fare is over some pictures will pop up somewhere! :excited:
Well I understand some companies like to keep wraps on industry eyes only prototype previews, at least for a week or two until they officially release pictures.

But there's many toy sites exhaustively covering every square inch of the toy fair with pictures, and not one Fraggle Rock figurine picture.

Which leads me to think they only showed the Fraggle figures to a select few and asked for pictures not to be shown.

Im not sure where the letter concept came from, as I could see them attached to radishes more than anything.

Look at all the Super Mario figures coming out from Corgi, who I personally remember collecting Muppet toys from 27 years ago:
http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=642

I'd love to see Fraggle Rock figures someday in that vein.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well I understand some companies like to keep wraps on industry eyes only prototype previews, at least for a week or two until they officially release pictures.

But there's many toy sites exhaustively covering every square inch of the toy fair with pictures, and not one Fraggle Rock figurine picture.

Which leads me to think they only showed the Fraggle figures to a select few and asked for pictures not to be shown.

Im not sure where the letter concept came from, as I could see them attached to radishes more than anything.

Look at all the Super Mario figures coming out from Corgi, who I personally remember collecting Muppet toys from 27 years ago:

I'd love to see Fraggle Rock figures someday in that vein.
It is my belief that MINDstyle has some very talented artists working on these pieces, but have very little Fraggle knowlege beyond conceptual art. Don't get me wrong, they have some beautiful items. I purchased the I Am Plastic book that features much of their art pieces and admire much of the company's work. I don't like how it has been applied to the Dark Crystal so far, but I hope it works with the Fraggles. I also hope those letter bases are either scrapped or removable. If the sculpts are as attractive as has been reported they don't need such an eye-sore of a stand. :coy:

I get the company's control over photographic release, but I am stunned that nobody's gotten any shots off anyway. They must have a rather surly looking bouncer. :eek:

beaker

Reaction score
Oh theyre extremely talented at Mindstyle...

but I cant help but wonder..when I look at the Mystic resin sculpt...wouldnt it make more financial sense to release that as a plastic figure? You sell it for $12 at stores everywhere, more people can get and appreciate this fine craftsmanship and you sell more without losing the texture or look.

Anyways, cant wait to see these Fraggle figurines

Drtooth

Reaction score

Hope that stuff is cheaper than those Japanese imports (due to the shipping fees). I love that stuff, but I just can't afford much of it.

BTW, here's something I'm really looking for...NECA TMNT based on the comic book.

Telly

Reaction score
Those Super Mario toys are pretty sweet! One toyline I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see would be Smash Brothers!