Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I remember the Gonzo series 5 action figure from Palisades. When Ken said "back to the drawing board" they actually chucked their retooled model of the head and went back to the beginning with the design. As you've said, who knows what MR means in their statement. I believe they haven't gotten back to any Gonzo inquiries yet because of their reportedly planned statement with pictures. :concern:
I recall "nose" problems with the Pallisades Gonzo. The colour on the stunt Gonzo is very much blue while the Mega Muppet version looked pretty much perfect. If the MR photos are anything to go by, the colour of the new replica is way too purpley with no blending of colours. Just that small change could make a whole lot of difference.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I recall "nose" problems with the Pallisades Gonzo. The colour on the stunt Gonzo is very much blue while the Mega Muppet version looked pretty much perfect. If the MR photos are anything to go by, the colour of the new replica is way too purpley with no blending of colours. Just that small change could make a whole lot of difference.
That's because the sock nose isn't airbrushed, or painted at all for that matter. It's whatever color the pantyhose covering is.

:stick_out_tongue:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
That's because the sock nose isn't airbrushed, or painted at all for that matter. It's whatever color the pantyhose covering is.

Why isn't it airbrushed? Surely the fur has been dyed to match Gonzo's fur and the suit material has been dyed to match Gonzo's suit. What makes the nose different? The only way the nose will look right is if it is the correct colour. It will make no difference what material they use if it is the wrong colour. It still won't look right.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Why isn't it airbrushed? Surely the fur has been dyed to match Gonzo's fur and the suit material has been dyed to match Gonzo's suit. What makes the nose different? The only way the nose will look right is if it is the correct colour. It will make no difference what material they use if it is the wrong colour. It still won't look right.
That's just another one of those questions that MR doesn't seem interested in answering for us. I guess you folks who pre-ordered will be the first to find out.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from MR customer service. I sent an e-mail 3 weeks ago, and still haven't heard back as of yet.

What did you email them? I sent one or two and will be keep bugging them till I get a responce.

mrsieve

Reaction score
What did you email them? I sent one or two and will be keep bugging them till I get a responce.
Trying to find out if there are any Authorized MR dealers in Canada. Shipping and import duties can kill ya. I don't want to be overbearing, to the point of being annoying. I have e-mailed them since then. I understand they could be very busy, so that's why I'm not spaming them like I could have.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I bug them just to get them to fess up on we don't know LOL. Same answer all the time though. "We don't know yet" or "we are not sure". And my favorite part. "As soon as we know we will pass it on to everyone else!" :confused:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I've emailed them and gotten a response. For what it's worth, the person that I am communicating with says they're going to try to get photos to me (which I will share IF I get them). Hopefully, they won't just send the pics of the original prototype.

Really, none of us have any idea what they meant by "back to the drawing board." I just hope that it means Gonzo has been improved – the more the better.

In my mind there was a lot wrong with that original proto so any changes would most likely be an improvement.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I've emailed them and gotten a response. For what it's worth, the person that I am communicating with says they're going to try to get photos to me (which I will share IF I get them). Hopefully, they won't just send the pics of the original prototype.

Really, none of us have any idea what they meant by "back to the drawing board." I just hope that it means Gonzo has been improved – the more the better.

In my mind there was a lot wrong with that original proto so any changes would most likely be an improvement.

I pretty sure it wasn't Jerry. He was the one that told me that they didn't know. :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Awwwww Man, I'm pretty gutted about Gonzo - after MR said that he'd been changed I really hoped for the best! Now Travis has confirmed what we see is what we get in the proto photo I feel really deflated, almost betrayed :sympathy: I understand MR probably see this as a fair compromise but I somehow feel a little bit...cheated. I really don't wish to sour the anticipation as I know many of you are very happy with Gonzo how he stands.

Kudos for MR even trying to bring these to us, and from the sounds of things, kudos to the China factory who have found the process difficult (since they've quit after Gonzo). My disappointment comes from the term "replica". I believe that a better description would be interpretation.

Like I said, GUTTED! MR kinda promised us a better result and, this being what it is, we are never likely to own something like this again. I guess I was just hoping for something closer to the real thing in this one-shot deal:sympathy:

REALLY REALLY glad Travis is now on board though!

Status
Not open for further replies.