Marvel prepares Muppet Omnibus

j3h

Reaction score
From USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/08/23/marvel-comics-muppets-omnibus/2690523/

The upcoming hardcover tome The Muppets Omnibus collects the previous 4 comic series by cartoonist Roger Langridge featuring Jim Henson's fan-favorite creations: The Muppet Show, The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, The Muppet Show Comic Book and The Muppets. Slated for an April 2014 release, the book pulls from material originally published by Disney and Boom! Studios, which previously had the license to release Muppets comics.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, is anyone else confused by exactly which other arcs will be included? Especially when there's a total of six arcs: Meet the Muppets, Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, On the Road, Family Reunion, Muppet Mash, and The Four Seasons. Would prefer to get the entire definitive complete collection, but thanks for the Mupdate j3h.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No research into what titles, and all they're saying is The Muppet Show (comic book), The Muppet Show Comic Book: Treasure of Peg-leg Wislon, The Muppet Show Comic Book, and The Muppets (Show Comic Book). So basically they gave us ONE title out of 6.

Unless "The Muppets" is the Four Seasons, as it was released as The Muppets.

I'd love to see 2 volumes, one featuring the first four arcs, the other featuring 2 arcs and the strongest of the Fairy Tale side comics (Peter Pan and/or King Arthur and Snow White). I'd probably rebuy these comics in a nice format.

But I REALLY think they should do a Muppet Babies reprint collection. Some of those comics were quite good. And what's the hold up with the second half of the Fraggle Rock reprints?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The press release IS confusing. And how do we know the "preview" comic isn't among them (it would be great if they'd include the Pigs in Space comic that was left out of the first trade paperback).

I guess a good release strategy would be for this to have the preview comic and the first three storyarcs (and of course the Pigs in Space one-shot), then a second volume with Family Reunion, Muppet Mash, The Four Seasons, and Robin Hood. Then a third one with Peter Pan, King Arthur, Snow White, and Sherlock Holmes, and then they're all released in three paperbacks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope they fix some of the coloring errors. I don't want to see any Orange Beaked Sams in this thing.

j3h

Reaction score
The upcoming hardcover tome The Muppets Omnibus collects the previous 4 comic series by cartoonist Roger Langridge featuring Jim Henson's fan-favorite creations: The Muppet Show, The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, The Muppet Show Comic Book and The Muppets
I think the story arc break down by series is this:
1)The Muppet Show = Meet the Muppets
2)The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson= peg leg arc obviously
3)The Muppet Show Comic Book = pigs is space #0, on the road, family reunion, monster mash
4)The Muppets = four seasons.

My question is will this omnibus omit pigs in space 0 issue and Family Reunion since Langridge only wrote them and not illustrated those particular issues?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, that brakedown does include everything. If this ends up being the release, I'd be interested. Thanks for the Mupdate. :news:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I would be definitely interested in the collection if it included all those books, hopefully further information will surface soon that clarifies what is in the collection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this is every issue of the comic book, I wonder how expensive it will be (over or under 100 dollars?). Of course I have every issue in some way (whether individually or as four-issue collections) so I don't have to worry about the expense here (I might if they did one with all of the Muppet Classics, but it'd be cheaper as there is one four-issue story less than The Muppet Show Comic Book).

Weirdo96

Reaction score
I never got around to buying any of the Muppet comics, but I'll definitely get them once the omnibus comes out. I just hope it's not too expensive.