Maria, David and Bob Skit

bigbird

Reaction score
I remember this funny skit where David and Bob were dresssed as waiters and I think Maria was there boss. The skit involved knowing which of the 2 doors behind them was the entrance and which was the exit. Maria invented a song so they would both know which was which. Bob caught on right away, but David could not remember and ended up trying to enter the wrong door causing a collision with bob who was on the other side! Bob finally taught David the song just in time for Maria to come back and tell them both she changed the song!!!!(uh-oh) "The door on the right is the one that goes in come out on the left or as neat as a pin" Naturally, David could not remember again causing another collision with Bob but this time, Maria comes in the middle of the mess that was made from the collision and asks who was responsible for this? Bob points to David and faintly says "him" and walks away leaving David and Maria alone. David gets frustrated and threatens Maria with simply putting an in and out sign on the respective doors. At the end David finally tells Maria, "I quit, ha-ha" He turns around and crashes into a wall with a few moans of pain following.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
he doesn't threaten Maria but after he says he's quitting he runs into the piller that's between the doors.

Censored

Reaction score
bigbird said:
I remember this funny skit where David and Bob were dresssed as waiters and I think Maria was there boss. The skit involved knowing which of the 2 doors behind them was the entrance and which was the exit. Maria invented a song so they would both know which was which. Bob caught on right away, but David could not remember and ended up trying to enter the wrong door causing a collision with bob who was on the other side! Bob finally taught David the song just in time for Maria to come back and tell them both she changed the song!!!!(uh-oh) "The door on the right is the one that goes in come out on the left or as neat as a pin" Naturally, David could not remember again causing another collision with Bob but this time, Maria comes in the middle of the mess that was made from the collision and asks who was responsible for this? Bob points to David and faintly says "him" and walks away leaving David and Maria alone. David gets frustrated and threatens Maria with simply putting an in and out sign on the respective doors. At the end David finally tells Maria, "I quit, ha-ha" He turns around and crashes into a wall with a few moans of pain following.

That was great. I actually recall an earlier version being done with Tom as the waiter. I think both skits had the same kind of song. This is how I remember it going (correct me if anyone remembers different):

The door on the left is the one to go in

Come out on the right and as neat as a pin.

Go in on the left and you'll never go wrong

Come out on the right and that's the end of my song.

clipjj27

Reaction score

Above is the link to the clip, now on YouTube. I remember it fondly, and upon watching it now find it hilarious how David tries (and fails) to remember the sung 'jingles' which Maria taught Bob and him (e.g. 'If you do two wrongs, you'll never be right,' etc.).

Censored - your lyrics to the songs are close. It's just that the first one (containing 'neat as a pin') refers to the door on the right.

One more thing - I know that this clip focuses on the words 'in' and 'out' but if two people approach two doors from opposite directions (e.g. on the kitchen side vs. the dining room side), the 'left' and 'right' for those coming from one direction would be opposite of those coming from the other direction. However, from the Sesame Street producers' point of view, this is probably minor since, again, the focus of the clip is on the words 'in' and out.'