Man teaches parrot about "N"

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this classic cartoon from the earliest days of Sesame Street? It looked like it was animated by the same people who made the Lion chasing Leopard and the 2 men standing on top of a V.

There was a professor and a little boy. The professor had a chalkboard with a lowercase "n" on it and a parrot sitting on top of the chalkboard. He wanted to teach his parrot some "N" words and asked him to say a word that starts with "N". But the parrot kept saying things like, "No!" "Nincompoop!" "Never!" and "Nasty!" The professor started getting angry at the parrot for being uncooperative and insulting. But the boy told the professor that all those words do start with "N" and those words appeared on the chalkboard. The professor smiled and apologized to the parrot thinking that he didn't like him. But then the parrot talked to the audience and said something sarcastic. Can't remember what he said though.

I also remember they did a Spanish version of this same cartoon only they used Spanish, "N" words and "No" was kept the same.

Sesamo2012

Reaction score
did the parrot say Ninny or nosey. but i remember that one, but it was funny over all, i would like to see if any body can find that one to see that did the parrot say once that was over with.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this classic cartoon from the earliest days of Sesame Street? It looked like it was animated by the same people who made the Lion chasing Leopard and the 2 men standing on top of a V.

There was a professor and a little boy. The professor had a chalkboard with a lowercase "n" on it and a parrot sitting on top of the chalkboard. He wanted to teach his parrot some "N" words and asked him to say a word that starts with "N". But the parrot kept saying things like, "No!" "Nincompoop!" "Never!" and "Nasty!" The professor started getting angry at the parrot for being uncooperative and insulting. But the boy told the professor that all those words do start with "N" and those words appeared on the chalkboard. The professor smiled and apologized to the parrot thinking that he didn't like him. But then the parrot talked to the audience and said something sarcastic. Can't remember what he said though.

I also remember they did a Spanish version of this same cartoon only they used Spanish, "N" words and "No" was kept the same.
I have noticed that they would sometimes do that with certain inserts. Pardon me for getting off topic, but I noticed they did a Spanish cartoon about the letter 'a' in the episode where the gang went to Puerto Rico. I wonder about the original version of that one, since they showed a rug (alfombra), but I wonder how they would have done that in English since rug doesn't start with 'a.' :confused:

Xerus

Reaction score
did the parrot say Ninny or nosey. but i remember that one, but it was funny over all, i would like to see if any body can find that one to see that did the parrot say once that was over with.
I can't remember if they used those "N" words or not. I'm guessing they don't show it anymore, because the parrot was using insulting words that parents didn't want kids using.