Macy's latest Santa promo

dwmckim

Reaction score
So much for the days of "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus"...

Heard a radio promo regarding a national tour of Macy's Santa Claus - including the phrase "See the world's most famous Santa Claus" - if i was in a better mood, i may have laughed at the irony but it just made me sad instead. It's gotten to the point where the stores no longer try to pretend their Santa is the genuine article but rather that they're all "their own" and now apparently have entered the realm of "Our Santa is better than the other stores' Santas" as if it was among the lines of the Cola or Hamburger Wars.

This of course being brought to you by the same people who started the "Believe" slogan and Kermit's "I Believe in Santa Claus" song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't get me started on Macy's... Sure, they have a great parade and pretty good Christmas plush from time to time... but the dudes came in and bought up BOTH of Boston's biggest department stores, Jordan Marsh and Filenes... now, I'm not really a big fan of those stores anyway... but it killed any competition it had for itself when it bought Jordan Marsh... but as it bought Filenes too, the Downtown shopping district lost that store for promises of big new developments that lead to half hollowed out buildings and rusty cranes that aren't doing anything.

And their selection is LOUSY. No wonder they're still losing money. Santa Schmanta... they're closer to Scrooge if anything.

Newton Gimmick

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're saying the Macy's Santa is the most famous, since you know it's been featured in a couple of classic Christmas movies.