Lubbock Texas Disney Store CLOSED

muppet baby

Reaction score
OH MY GOD, i am so angry one of my two favorite stores in the entire world is gone from my town where i live near for ever .

It was in the Lubbock TX paper last Sunday that they where going to close down the Disney store in Lubbock, because they want to cut back on some of the Disney stores around the country. Disney makes so much money off of every thing year arund i just don't get it .:rolleyes:

We have had this disney store in Lubbock for 15 years grrrrrrrrrr.

i love disney so much and going into the store made mom and i think that we where in disney land shopes hehe .
it was so much fun to look around in there several times a week .
Is anyone out there on the forum having this heartache in there home town ?
Well one good thing about the internet is that the disney store is online so you get still get the products that where just for the disney store online .
Alough going into the store was so great though :cry: :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, look at all the cool places in my town that was shut down in the past two years...

1. Kay's Ice Cream Shoppe (it was my favorite burger joint)
2. The local movie theater (someone bought in and re-opened it, though)
3. Pass Pets
4. Back in Time (a store for entertainment memorabilia)
5. Sam Goody
6. Gameboard

And other various stores in the mall.

Sucks, don't it?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hey, look at all the cool places in my town that was shut down in the past two years...

3. Pass Pets
5. Sam Goody
6. Gameboard

Sucks, don't it?
yep sure does suck sam goody closed grrrrrrrr i love them that really sucks that you don't have that and Back in time those stores are so cool they should have kelp that and the faverite burger place

Life sucks at times for you and me this is one of them right D's south :eek:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey muppet baby, there's always DisneyShopping.com, right? :big_grin:

Speaking of, I just might get the Walt Disney Collector's Society membership off of there! The 2008 Member Gift is my FAVORITE CHARACTER!

BJ

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sure that with everything in a slump right way and even Disney is cutting back on costs at he moment. It' just happens like that sometimes, you know?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure that with everything in a slump right way and even Disney is cutting back on costs at he moment. It' just happens like that sometimes, you know?
What makes a slump worse is when people don't want to weather it. By floding, they stand to lose more jobs, meaning less people buying more junk. I mean, they're killing everything in Children's program ratings and making a steal off of at the moment Tween pop, you'd think they have more money to gamble with.

But Disney isn't only to blame. Simon Malls. The monopoly that controls Mall real estate. They charge far too much, make people sign long commitments, and then force stores like Disney and KB out the door. Soon, Malls will be a Macy's, a Best Buy, and a hundred tiny little rich hipster boutiques that no one can possibly afford.

muppet baby

Reaction score
one thing that i was going to put in the post about the Lubbock Tx disney store is the fact that the econamy is going crazy and making the places like disney that does have more money than i am sure than any of us can count is the fact that things and get scary and make where things just have to cut back .

Everytime that i went in to the Lubbock disney store is the fact that there where more poeple in that store sometimes you could not move in there but still money is money and the way that the econamy is that they had to cut down no matter what to be safe .

Son of Enik

Reaction score
You know it's funny, in the mall near me The Disney Store is one of the very few stores that is STILL there. I echo everyone's sentiments about Sam Goody, what a shame.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

3. Pass Pets
5. Sam Goody
6. Gameboard

Sucks, don't it?
I forgot to add Dunkin' Donuts to that list.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forgot to add Dunkin' Donuts to that list.:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heh, in Massachusettes (paraphrase a local TV food critic show host, you can't punt a foot ball without hitting a Dunkin Donuts. Of course, the place pretty much originated here.

Krispy Kreem however... that was here and gone in a matter of months.