Lost Swedish Chef sketch

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've never heard of such a sketch... hopefully we might be able to find it on the season five set!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Did someone call my name?

Hi Karen et al! Glad to join the discussion, and sorry that I only just discovered it. I have seen (and have copies of) all of the uncut episodes, and I have never seen it, either. I think it is a "lost sketch".

HOWEVER, I think I've deduced from which episode it was cut. Karen, these were the episodes you were credited on/mentioned working on:

- Glenda Jackson
- Senor Wences
- Roger Moore
- Jean-Pierre Rampal
- Paul Simon
- Linda Ronstadt
- Tony Randall
(- Gene Kelly: you once mentioned that you worked on the crowd scene for the finale)

Based on the above list, I'd bet ANYTHING that the sketch was intended for the Jean-Pierre Rampal episode, given that:
1) ratatouille is a French dish, and
2) Jean-Pierre Rampal was Season 5's only French guest star

Anyone else think this is probably accurate?

NOW can we hear about it, Karen?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Wow, Karen Prell actually posted on Muppet Central? Cool! Anyway, yes, I agree with Gorgon, it is probably from the Jean-Pierre Rampal episode. I loved the Pied Piper number.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Ratatouille is a French Provençal vegetable stew dish (the full name of the dish is ratatouille niçoise) originating in Nice, France.

Its traditional ingredients include: tomatoes, garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and may include such herb combinations as marjoram and basil, bay leaves and thyme, or a mixture of Herbes de Provence, which may contain such herbs as savory, fennel, basil, thyme, and lavender leaves et al.

Ratatouille can be prepared by sauteéing, layering the ingredients together as a casserole, or simmering in a large cooking pot. It is usually served as a side dish, but it can be served as an entreé, accompanied by pasta, rice or bread.