Loretta Long Struck by a Car

sweetpig

Reaction score
What is this about Loretta Long injured this a.m.?

Hey gang, sad news: our beloved Loretta Long, Susan from classic Sesame Street, has been very badly injured in a car accident of some kind here in the NY/NJ area. It appears she was struck by a moving automobile. :cry:Please add updates as you find them.

sweetpig

Reaction score
Info coming in

And forgive me if you all already know this. I just found out a few moments ago this morning. Here's a snip from the news:

>>SESAME STREET star LORETTA LONG has been hospitalised after she was hit by a car in New Jersey.
The veteran actress, who has appeared on the children's classic as Susan Robinson since it began in 1969, was crossing Route 130 at Dutch Neck Road on Tuesday (09Feb10) when she was struck by a vehicle and carried 70 feet (21 metres).
Long was taken into Capital Health at Fuld Hospital in Trenton, New Jersey, suffering from head injuries and a broken shin.<<

Full story: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/sesame-streets-long-injured-in-car-crash_1131934

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Though I already knew she was injured by a car, when I saw the thread title ("What is this about Loretta Long injured this a.m.?", just in case the title gets changed) I thought it was saying that Loretta Long injured an anything muppet.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ouch, what awful news! I also pray that Loretta Long will recover completely and be free from the pain that those updates mentioned. Even though she survived the accident, it would be a terrible shame if her character were forced to retire from the show: Susan has been part of the Sesame Street cast since the first episode, just as Mr. Hooper was. Losing her may well hit the show just as hard...:concern:

RyGuy

Reaction score
I heard about Dr. Long's accident. I would like her to take her time getting well , Thank you Dr. Long for all the wonderful memories. I wonder if this will spawn a storyline on SS about healing from injuries and taking time to get well? They could just explain that susan was badly hurt and we all need to aissit her in getting aroiund . This has never been done on SS . I wish her a slow and complete recovery.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this, but very glad she is doing OK. I join in the prayers for a speedy recovery.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ouch, what awful news! I also pray that Loretta Long will recover completely and be free from the pain that those updates mentioned. Even though she survived the accident, it would be a terrible shame if her character were forced to retire from the show: Susan has been part of the Sesame Street cast since the first episode, just as Mr. Hooper was. Losing her may well hit the show just as hard...:concern:
I agree. Even though she just appears in one ep per season now, she still remains a very important part of the show. Hopefully she'll recover and continue to be around for a while.