Looking for Sesame Street albums

pollick529

Reaction score
Hey!

I've been enjoying a couple of these Sesame Street LPs when I was little, and would like to enjoy them again. Does anyone have the following:

Ernie's Hits (Pickwick release)
Sing the Hit Songs of Sesame Street (Pickwick release)
Grover Sings the Blues
Love
The Sesame Street Book and Record
Sesame Disco
Bert's Blockbusters
Sesame Street Fever

If anyone wants to trade for these, lemme know! I'll even accept CD remasters, especially Smy_Guiley's restoration of "Sesame Disco" which should be taking place soon. So, if anbody has any of these, post your reply. Thanx! :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, Pickwick published the Sesame records in Canada. While CRA (under the CTW name) published most of the Sesame records in the United States. The contents were the same though for the titles of the same name.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Yes.

Even though Pickwick was the distributor, they still had those great yellow Sesame Street Records labels. I'm glad, as international releases tend to be changed a lot.

We move next week, and our stuff arrives a week after that. I'll get to it when I can sift through the boxes (we're staying with my folks for a while, so everything has to stay packed, but I'll hunt the stuff down!)

I'm really excited to do these restorations, as I've found software that lets me take the cracks, pops, and even some groove wear crackle out of the poor abused discs, and then add some life back into the filtered product. I've had great results doing some of my favourite old mono LP's (Harry Belafonte's first LP, Bee Gees' 1st, Gene Krupa, etc...all original mono releases) and some old 8-tracks (I was very surprised at those results!!) so I can let everyone have proper copies of this wonderful material, since it doesn't look like a lot of it is going to be re-released any time soon. Share the wealth, I say!!

later
eric

noangelhere

Reaction score
Hey!!!

I have some original Sesame Street LP's!

One set is a total of 7 albums (45's) Title: Jim Henson's Muppet Alphabet with The Muppets from Sesame Street, they are dated in 1971.

I also have a 33 Title: The Stars Come Out On Sesame Street. Starring Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Judy Collins, Jose Feliciano, Lena Horne,
Madeline Kahn, The Pointer Sisters, and Helen Reddy. It is dated 1979.

I am looking to find out what they are worth and I might even sell them. If anyone could help me out with that I would greatly appreciate it. :excited:

Thanx A Bunch, Yolanda :zany:

P.S. I can be contacted at noangelhere8@icqmail.com

radio boy

Reaction score
i have one the first australian press of the first ss record but this copy release never had a book but the vinyl is fine and the cover is also and this record over where you live would be worth way more i will trade for cash or fraggle rock episodes. email BELCHER_01@optusnet.com.au