Looking for Muppet Copyright Information

GeekyWhiteGuy

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. This is kind of a strange first post for me...? I really am a huge Muppet fan. Not just a forums bomber asking a dumb question (although...I think this IS a dumb question)

My day job is as a Graphic Designer for a University Medical Center. There's a green initiative here (just like everywhere else in America I guess) and one of the products we are producing as a give away to employees is a green energy living tshirt. One of the design ideas for the shirt is to place two eyes on the back that look like Kermit's eyes. Same shape with the strange Kermit pupils. The question is...are kermit's eyes copyrighted? I realist Kermit is a copyrighted character...but does that include his eyes?

I looked around on the web....I even found some original legal documents that are posted around with all the legal mumbo jumbo on there about Kermit's copyright status. I never found anything that talks about his eyes though.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone! :smile:

michaelmoo

Reaction score
Yes they are. I designed a shirt that had the eyes incorporated in it and emailed Disney about it. They told me that they do have the eyes are copyright.

Mike

GeekyWhiteGuy

Reaction score
That's what I figured I just couldn't find any information on copyrights beyond just a blanket "muppets" type thing.

Thanks for the info Michael. :excited: