Looking For a Decent Puppet for My Brother

Manda:-D

Reaction score
OK, my brother's b-day's coming up, and several years ago, he received this WONDERFUL Muppet-like puppet, complete w/arm rods & everything, from a relative. Now, Hairry, (the name of the puppet), has gotten rather old, and I was hoping to get him a replacement for his birthday, but the store my relative bought him at has closed down. I've been looking for a new puppet, but the only ones I've seen so far are at Toys R Us, and I don't particularly like those. Does anybody know where I can find a REALLY GOOD puppet? (Preferably one w/arm rods?) Buckets of thanks in advance!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Do an online search, or check Ebay for one. Look at your local Bible Bookstore or something, they have good puppets for sale.

Or, even better, make one for him. You'll need to enlarge the pattern up to 11x17" paper to work well, but it works nonetheless! It's the pattern I've used for a very VERY special puppet project!!

http://members.aol.com/bocashouse/MG/BlueBoy.html

puppets_etc

Reaction score
I could make one for you at a decent price, if you want to see some of my work, check the link at the bottom of this post. If you're interested, just let me know what you're looking for.

Deb:flirt:

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
I don't know your price range...

But check out my thread on Monster Puppets. It might seem a little high priced and it'll take some time (a week or so) to get to you, but the quality rocks, the people are friendly and you can custom design the puppet you want. Hoody Hoo!

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Actually, I looked at Monster puppets.................those prices rock!!! For a professional quality puppet, you can pay up to 3-4 thousand depending on size/features etc...............I paid $450 for Animal...........honest. With the amount of work that goes into one...............the one's I have done myself...............they are easily worth 200-300. The more accurate they are..........the more their worth.
Dave :smile: