Looking back on my past posts and behavior

mariolover

Reaction score
I’ve learned a lot about how to be more compassionate and loving towards others.

Looking back on my past posts on here and on Facebook over a month ago, my posts made me come across like a bigoted jerk, which is not what I intended or wanted.

I professed love and acceptance, but I was acting the exact opposite way. I was indoctrinated by excebook friends and pages that said “Love offends with the truth!”,

and they jammed religion and politics down peoples’ throats.

I was convinced that that was the way to love others,

but I was wrong.

I know now that loving people means not shoving your beliefs down their throat, and accepting that they are the way they are.

If I evangelize to others, I need to do it in a loving way without shoving my beliefs down their throat.

Some people still think I’m a jerk, like that one friend I mentioned earlier who stopped
being friends with me over who I voted for, but that’s their problem, not mine. Because as they say, everyone is the a**hole in someone’s story.

I was also hiding behind a facade. I was only doing this stuff to avoid God’s judgment and try to be the “perfect Christian” and I wasn’t the happiest. Now I am a lot happier.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s how you know you grew. When you acknowledge your previous behaviors and learn from them. Props.