Little Shop of Horrors: The Intended Cut

Drtooth

Reaction score
Extras and behind the scenes stuff are nice, but I don't need a whole other disc of them, and with my time these days, I'm lucky I have time to watch films let alone extra features so it's not a priority for me anymore.
I find myself ALWAYS watching the disk of extras over a movie, no matter how much I love the movie. I put the Incredibles DVD in my player once (to watch with commentary), but never stopped putting in the hefty bonus disk for the behind the scenes footage, the film universe stuff, the Bud Luckey retrospective and short,and especially the Clutch Cargo parody.

I don't think huge DVD bonus features make the set, but there's always stuff that NEEDS to be bundled with a movie... extra scenes (be they deleted or alternate) if available, and some sort of cast and crew commentary and or interview. Deleted scenes show you what a movie could have been.

I hate the slim disks with nothing. Shows a lack of care. Things aren't always available, sure... deleted scenes in a lot of older movies went right into the trash... but at least find the least famous person in the movie and interview them.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I got a Blu-Ray player just before Christmas and I'm enjoying slowly building a Blu-Ray collection (I only have 2 so far, but another 2 are on their way).

I've never seen 'Little Shop of Horrors', so this will be a good time for me to get it when it's out.

I wonder if it will include both ending or only the 'intended ending'?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I find myself ALWAYS watching the disk of extras over a movie, no matter how much I love the movie. I put the Incredibles DVD in my player once (to watch with commentary), but never stopped putting in the hefty bonus disk for the behind the scenes footage, the film universe stuff, the Bud Luckey retrospective and short,and especially the Clutch Cargo parody.

I don't think huge DVD bonus features make the set, but there's always stuff that NEEDS to be bundled with a movie... extra scenes (be they deleted or alternate) if available, and some sort of cast and crew commentary and or interview. Deleted scenes show you what a movie could have been.

I hate the slim disks with nothing. Shows a lack of care. Things aren't always available, sure... deleted scenes in a lot of older movies went right into the trash... but at least find the least famous person in the movie and interview them.
I used to be excited about extra features, and really be into listening to the audio commentary, etc. but I guess for a severe lack of time these days, I'm lucky to have time to sit and watch a film on DVD, let alone hours of bonus extras. And some stuff I think is just "filler" to make people spend the extra money.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Recently I got a 4-pack of classic horror films. One was Tod Browning's "Freaks." As the discs were double-sided, one movie per side, and the collections were inexpensive, I wasn't expecting much.

Holy cow, was I wrong! There was possibly more extra footage than there was movie! Discussions of the movie's making and cultural impact, alternate endings, bios of every major "freak" in the movie, and much more that I didn't expect, considering this was a 1932 film. I was watching 'til long after my bedtime because I couldn't hit the "stop" button. If only all DVDs had such lavish extras.

Heh. This "intended ending" could have been an extra in a regular DVD set.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Recently I got a 4-pack of classic horror films. One was Tod Browning's "Freaks." As the discs were double-sided, one movie per side, and the collections were inexpensive, I wasn't expecting much.

Holy cow, was I wrong! There was possibly more extra footage than there was movie! Discussions of the movie's making and cultural impact, alternate endings, bios of every major "freak" in the movie, and much more that I didn't expect, considering this was a 1932 film. I was watching 'til long after my bedtime because I couldn't hit the "stop" button. If only all DVDs had such lavish extras.

Heh. This "intended ending" could have been an extra in a regular DVD set.
Which company put that one out? Was it Universal? If so, then yes, they DO put out a lot of great extras. I have their 2 disc set of Dracula and the whole second disc is chock full of stuff. But again, barely looked at it lol