Little Shop of Horrors: The Intended Cut

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Will it becoming to DVD or theaters? Does this mean the original ending in which Audrey II wins. If so, then awesome!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Little Shop fan at all anymore, but if this is any indication - then there will be a restored version of the film with the original ending like the rumors have been saying. Interesting stuff. I doubt I'll buy it but at least the fans will be able to see this movie the way Frank intended. And seeing the alternate ending in color or less.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
It's a re-release of the film on Blu-Ray with the original ending where Seymour and Audrey get killed. Frank Oz discussed this and told me about it personally when I asked him to sign my Little Shop DVD at his recent appearance at the Museum of the Moving Image last October in NY.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. I've been curious about that ending, But only on Blu-Ray? Poop, I don't have one of those players. I suppose I'll get one eventually.

CrisisCoreKid

Reaction score
Wow I may have to pick that up! I've never been able to see the original ending, but I've always been interested.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a re-release of the film on Blu-Ray with the original ending where Seymour and Audrey get killed. Frank Oz discussed this and told me about it personally when I asked him to sign my Little Shop DVD at his recent appearance at the Museum of the Moving Image last October in NY.
Hmm, interesting. I've been curious about that ending, But only on Blu-Ray? Poop, I don't have one of those players. I suppose I'll get one eventually.
I hate that EVERYTHING has to be premium for Blu-Ray, and DVD's (with no price decrease) are thrown out like slop for pigs, with the movie studios say "be grateful you pathetic swine!"

But this is great. I remember that one of the original DVD's of Little Shop actually had the ending as a bonus feature, but it was pulled because one of the film makers complained about it.

I've seen the alternate ending on YT a couple years ago, and I quite liked how that one came out. It's much closer to the original film's unhappy horror movie ending. The sweet and sappy ending works in a revisionist history Animated Titanic sort of way, but the "The End? Or is it?" smirk of the small Audry plant just doesn't do it for me the way Audries taking over the world does.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I don't recall if it was just for Blu-Ray solely, but they always push the Blu-Ray first. I tell you what really drives me nuts: is that Disney is famous for these 3 DVD sets, and sometimes that's the only way you can get the regular release is to buy the set, pay more money for 2 other discs I'm never gonna watch.

Extras and behind the scenes stuff are nice, but I don't need a whole other disc of them, and with my time these days, I'm lucky I have time to watch films let alone extra features so it's not a priority for me anymore.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I hate that EVERYTHING has to be premium for Blu-Ray, and DVD's (with no price decrease) are thrown out like slop for pigs, with the movie studios say "be grateful you pathetic swine!"

But this is great. I remember that one of the original DVD's of Little Shop actually had the ending as a bonus feature, but it was pulled because one of the film makers complained about it.

I've seen the alternate ending on YT a couple years ago, and I quite liked how that one came out. It's much closer to the original film's unhappy horror movie ending. The sweet and sappy ending works in a revisionist history Animated Titanic sort of way, but the "The End? Or is it?" smirk of the small Audry plant just doesn't do it for me the way Audries taking over the world does.
No, you're rights. It'd be like if Romeo and Juliet had a happy ending, (I'm not counting Gnomeo), or if Dumbledore didn't die in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. These are sad scenes, but they're needed for the plots! I must be evil to actually want Audrey II to win.