Links To Muppet Clips And Episodes

David French

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
It is not illegal as long as we dont claim we did it and we are not charging anything and its only a link its not illigal look up the laws i just went to the U.S. law web page and its not infringement ,and how would they give anyone a lawsuit for a link? I suspect you guys were just guessing.Also i am not publicly showing such clips or episodes in a theater, reproducing them for sell or making a direct series building on top of the episodes or clips, so tell me whats so illegal about it?

:grouchy:
I'm afraid you are deluding yourself here. Alex is right, youtube.com is on very shaky ground. Unless you are the copyright owner of the material that is being uploaded or you have given permission for the material to be uploaded, then you are breaching copyright by uploading it. And we're not guessing as all the copyright notices you see at the beginning/end of DVDs/Videos clearly state that you cannot show or reproduce copyright material in a public domain without prior permission and the Internet is very much a public domain.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Actually, youtube has already been in some law battles of sorts.

I know for a fact that World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has already went after the website for showing clips that the WWE does rightfully own.

It's not that much different than Napster and the whole downloading music, so yes it is illegal.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
i dont mean to sound rude but try to put a more direct link then youtube.com
Also Starlancer, why should somepost a more direct link? You can't just type in the word "Muppet" or "Muppets", youself?

I don't mean to sound rude.

Starlancer

Reaction score
Well im just trying to give the people a chnce to share some of there favorite clips jeez is there a way i can close this like forum part so i dont get yelled at left and right.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Sorry if you think people are attacking you dude.

I wasn't yelling or noting, I was just trying to make a point.

I don't dislike you or nothing dude, :wink:

Starlancer

Reaction score
no its not u i just want to shut it down so the seniors stop yellin.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
Don't worry Starlancer,the same thing happened to me when I was new here too.It'll get better,trust me.

David French

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
Who says the "seniors" are yelling at you? Both Alex (Anathema), Barry and myself have simply pointed out that your suggestion of posting clips from The Muppet Show on the Internet is nothing more than breach of copyright, and as such we don't think it's wise to either post links or to make this suggestion in the first place.

Starlancer

Reaction score
whatever.... they were "complaining" about it so how can i shut this thing down

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I think your taking it too hard Starlancer.

Anyhow, I don't think you can shut this thread down, I believe that something only the Mods can do.