Life-Size George Harrison Marionette

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-
More great news in the creative department....!

Today i experimented around some more with the video making program, and created a new experimental video with 'George'. Here is a screen shot of the finished video for 'Someplace Else'

'Someplace Else' was filmed two years ago back when i shot the videos for "Thats The Way It Goes" and ''Devil and The Deep Blue Sea' . Between shooting those, i 'played around' with a couple of other songs, one being 'Jai Sri Krishna' which was eventually released....and this take of 'Someplace Else'. Up until now i really did'nt feel it was worth releasing, as it looked far too similar to the previous three videos. Thanks to the recent discovery of being able to convert my tapes into digital files..that has now changed.

I took the footage and used the program to enhance the visual look of it a little, giving it a different feel. This makes it stand out a little from the others. 'George' performs it in a mellow mood...and with the added sepia tone and slight camera move in, the once passed over performance now has a unexpected new life.

This will be released soon, as it is ready to go.

The brief 'Instrumental' video i mentioned previously will also be released. This minute or so clip was also a experiment and has some nice images of 'George' doing various things that have yet to be seen.

And where is 'Life Itself' you ask? Still awaiting filming. All this recent experimentation is going to insure a even better end result for the next Performance Video.

Stay tuned!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My first time seeing this. As a George Harrison fan, very cool! "Someplace Else" is one of my favorite solo songs of his btw. : D

I can imagine George liking this idea very much, since he wasn't all that crazy about doing music videos himself, lol.

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
Hi Heralde..and thanks for commenting!
Glad to hear you like that tune too....such a beautiful number.
The video featuring 'George' performing 'Someplace Else' is ready for release, i just need a good chunk of time to upload it.

I have some great news today though...
-
Today the new short 'Instrumental' video featuring 'George' was released.

It is a brief but fun clip i put together with the new production system i have been experimenting around with these past couple of weeks.

It is a special treat for those regular readers who visit the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page, but anyone who stops by to visit can have a look at the new video!

Here is where to go -

http://www.facebook.com/georgeharrison#!/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Everything anyone would want to know about this project is on that page, with numerous photos.

The link below will take you to one album featuring photos of 'George' in various poses for the interested or curious. Over 30+ photos were added recently.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.108753762477393.13085.108744329145003

ENJOY!

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-
Today sees a new 'George' video debut!

Just released the latest video featuring 'George'....exclusively on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page.
It is the first of two videos of him performing the wonderful tune "Someplace Else".

Here is where to go -
http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003?ref=hnav

Named the 'sepia tone version' due to the nostalgic graphic look of the video, it was one of the first i created with the new post-production process. It was originally shot two years ago, but was not released due to it looking too visually similar to the other 'George' Marionette videos that were made at that time. Thanks to the new post-production process, the old footage took on its own unique look to set it apart.
'George's' guitar playing movements are particularly nice in this video...so enjoy!

The second video for "Someplace Else", named 'full colour version' , will see release very soon.
This will have a wide release, so it will be easy to find on YouTube when the time comes.
:smile:

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Thanks Freddy! I am glad to hear you are enjoying 'George'!

-
Brand spankin' new 'George Harrison Marionette' Performance Video was released today!
"Someplace Else" ( colour version)
Video link via YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEuWbjvAI74

Hope you enjoy...!

I think this is one of the better videos in this collection thus far, with a nice look to it and a charming performance by 'George'.

The picture quality is a step up from some of the previous efforts i think, with viewers able to get a better look at the Gardner in action. I went back and actually compared it to a couple earlier efforts, and the difference in quality is embarrassing in some cases. As i add more videos to the list, i just may have to go back and 'unlist' a few of the earlier efforts. I guess every performer or artist feels that way when they look back at their earlier works.

Let me know what you think of the new video....and if this is something you would like to see more of.

A couple of photos from the video shoot...

-

" Life Itself " is still on track for release, and filming is scheduled within the next couple of weeks.

-

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Great news folks!

Filming is FINALLY underway for the long awaited "Life Itself" Performance Video featuring 'George'!

The past two days have been active, with half of the shots now complete. In the coming days the last half will be filmed, and then the real fun begins.

This will be done in a 'edited' style, with several different scenes peiced together to create a finished video. All the details can be found on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page which has production notes now posted in the 'Discussion' section.

Stop on over and have a read...and watch out for new photos coming soon.

For those not on Facebook, i will post more info about the video here as it gets closer to completion.

I am glad to finally see some movement on this video....it seems like it has taken ages to get all the pre-production work done and have the availble chunk of time to actually film it.

-

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Filming is now complete for "Life Itself" ..and it has been a intense few days.
Working with this music is effecting me on a deeper level and it is definately welcome. I think this will be one of the better 'George' Performance Videos to date.

The footage is being overviewed before the editing process, as there are several different takes to look at before deciding on what is best for the final video. What i have looked at so far appears to be very nice. Many of the scenes involving the lighting effects came away looking really neat, with some delightful surprises. 'George' was enjoying himself...and the finished video will reflect this.

Folks will get to see him play his guitar(s) in greater detail...and some spiritual elements are present in keeping with the reflected theme of the song.

Here is the first of a series of photos from the video....more to follow soon.

-

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Fantastic news....

A very special short PREVIEW of the latest 'George' video "Life Itself" will be taking place exclusively on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page on Monday, August 15th!

This special video showcases a few clips from the finished video, and will give readers there a peek at what is to come.

The FULL version of the "Life Itself" Performance Video will be released very soon....watch out!

-