Life-Size George Harrison Marionette

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
I thought i would stop by today and post this info for anyone who may find it of interest....

The 'George Harrison' Marionette now has his very own Facebook Page!

Yep...one stop shopping containing all his current performance videos, plus photos, drawings, and a selection of stories related to his creation. I thought it would be nice to collect everything together in one place outside of a Forum so anyone could check it out.

If anyone here uses Facebook, feel free to stop on over and visit.

Here is the direct link to use that will take you to the Page -

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Other news...

There is now talk afoot of creating two more videos of 'George' performing some additonal tunes. Interest seems to be out there, and i have felt motivated lately to have another go.

These probably won't be released until later this year...and i hope to have the new additons be slightly different in style to what is currently up and showing on YouTube. I would like to do a 'edited' video this time around, as i purposely avoided this common technique in the previous videos as i wanted viewers to be able to concentrate more on the actual performance of the character in one shot, without cutting away. Any 'gimmicky' camera tricks or a constant flurry of editing i felt would distact from the performance. This time however, i think it would be appropriate to do something different visually..to seperate them from the previous works and add some freshness.

The two songs being considered are 'If Not For You' and 'Life Itself'.

charlie bird

Reaction score
Awsome! I'm making a big elaphant marionette.He's made of paper mache and paper mache clay.

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-
All new photos of 'George' , photographed last month.
More will be forthcoming as in the coming weeks work starts on the latest batch of new performance videos.
Enjoy these in the meantime!
-

'George' poses for the camera with his favourite ukulele
-

When the mood strikes him, 'George' is known to pick up his uke and do a improptu performance...much to the delight of onlookers.
-

A experimental photograph, done for artistic purposes.
-

The play of light on 'George's' face makes a nice image. The tiny turquoise 'Dark Horse Records' lapel pin he wears can be seen in this closer view.

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Latest news- Work has begun in earnest on filming the NEW collection of 'George' videos! Finally...after many months, cameras are rolling on four new offerings.

Filming is now complete for the first new addition to the Performance Video collection.
"That's What It Takes" is now in post-production and about to be edited into it's final form, in preperation for release. If all goes to plan, it should be ready for viewing in a couple of weeks. The target date for release is August 1st.

Three more video shoots will be taking place for three more songs...two already have very clear ideas about how they will look, which as any filmaker knows is half the battle. Things are looking good so far..with some dashes of random humour tossed in to keep in theme with George's preferences.

This new collection will be made in a slightly different style, with some different views of 'George' so viewers can see him in greater detail. Close ups, various angles, and alternative views will be put together to give viewers a better look at him and what he can do. Some slight editing is planned to enhance the veiwing experience and give each new video it's own distintive look and 'feel'. I purposely avoided using any cutaways or editing in the previous collection as i wanted viewers to better be able to concentrate on 'George's actual performance....hard to do if the picture is changing every few minutes!

Now that viewers have seen what he can do, it is time to step things up a notch creatively. The new collection will have a more visual feel, and also inject some of GH's wry humour into the settings. This combo should be both a joy to capture on film on my end, and hopefully a delight to view on your end!

More info will be shared here as progress goes along.

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

The past few days have been intense...in many respects. The focus, performance quality, and the very intense heat during filming has had me in a whirlwind of activity. Nothing like filming outside in the 96 degree heat of humid Summer weather dressed in black...ieee!

Filming is now complete on "If Not For You" and i have to say that this one looks to be something very special. It has a definate 'feel' to it...very homey and comfortable. Think of yourself visiting George Harrison at home..at Friar Park...and getting to spend a Summer afternoon with him enjoying the grounds. Yeah...THAT kind of 'feel' to it visually. Bliss.

Today i spent some time reviewing all the footage for the first two new videos - "That's What It Takes" and "If Not For You". I was VERY pleased with the results...and some of the veiws of 'George' are stunning. There was even a shot or two where it gave me a little chill, as it reminded me so much of the man himself. It actually kind of freaked me out...but in a really nice way.

Filming wrapped for "That's What It Takes" last week...and reviewing it's footage today shows a good performance segment with a very funny last minute additon that brings it to a whole new level. I think George himself would be laughing at this little bit...it is SO 'him' ....a random bit of hilarity that is both Python-like and a nice nod to...well, wait n' see!

'George' is being filmed from various angles, with many close ups. Now folks will be able to better see the detailing of his face, his hands, and guitar stumming/plucking. He can do some decent 'solos' believe it or not. Several takes involve him singing and playing in a way that makes you feel like you are right there watching him in person. A lot more to be seen now then just the usual standard 'facing forward' strumming position as the previous six videos in the collection have already shown.

These two new additons are a absolute step up in a major way from the original collection. When these are finished in the way i hope to accomplish, it will blow the others' in the collection currently showing out of the water.

I have a really good feeling about these....now the serious work begins in getting these assembled and cut together into a completed presentation.

More news as production continues along !

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Today sees the release of TWO NEW 'George Harrison Marionette' Performance Videos. Both are done differently from my previous videos of 'George', and these new additons are made more in the style of a actual music video. Check them out and let me know what you think!

Although these are still very much 'homemade' efforts and in no way 'professionally' filmed, I think they are a nice step up from how the previous videos were handled. You get to see more of what 'George' can do, from different angles and situations, and from a closer view. There are also some bits of humour slipped in and other details sharp eyed viewers may spot.

Despite some dissapointments i personally have in the final uploaded picture quality, i think viewers will find them entertaining. I feel a little dissapointed that my master tape looks 10 times better then these digitized versions, and i was not able to get better end results. Hopefully this will not take away too much from the viewing experience.

A note about the audio - You will need to turn it up all the way as for some reason the upload diminished the volume of the original soundtrack.

Here are the links...hope you enjoy!

------------------

"That's What It Takes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZKlgt8htE

------------------

"If Not For You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOsWzjSQwTs

-

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoyed the two recent additons.

Work is progressing ahead on the next two videos. Pre-Production work has been going on for a couple of months now, and some neat ideas have come to light that have made me to decide to dedicate some extra time to working on two specific visual elements related to the videos.

'Life Itself' was ready to be filmed last month, but filming was put on hold until work was complete on a seperate project that is needed for the shoot. That project is now complete, and the way is clear to start filming.

Here is a peek at a scene from the upcoming 'Life Itself' -

This image is of one frame of a animated sequence that will be featured during one of the instrumental segements.

'George' will also be sporting a new look in this video as well....to fit in with the mood. 'Life Itself' is one of Mr. Harrison's most spiritual compositions and extra effort is being taken to insure that translates into the overall visual look and 'feel' of the videotaped performance. Special considerations are being made on the lighting effects used, as well as some interesting scenes that invoke his peaceful residence.

More news now - A Traveling Wilbury song is in the works for a future Performance Video.

After much to consider, it is now firmly in place for the follow up to 'Life Itself'. Great news for you Wilbury Fans!

The #1 request i have recieved over the past year from viewers is for 'George' to perform a Traveling Wilburys' tune. As noted earlier in this thread, it was difficult to find a song he could perform alone when most of the Wilbury tracks feature multiple vocalists. Having all those different voices taking turns singing usually does not translate well into a one-character performance.
The song choice fits perfectly however, as George himself provides the lead vocal throughout. Why i never thought of this song choice before, i have no idea...as it is my all time fave Wilbury song. After relistening to it many times to hear if it would be a valid choice for 'George' to perform, it all came together and now it is in the pipeline for development. Yay!

Probably the most exciting thing about this particular song being performed is that it will require some additonal work in making something to be included in the presentation. A 'cameo' appearence is in the works....and it will be a fun addtion to the tune. Watch for more regarding that...in the future.

-

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-
Here are some new photos of 'George'....ones i came across today that i have yet to have shared until now.
Enjoy...

^ ^ Contemplating something....

^ ^ Full of Krishna's light!

^ ^ Although blurred, i like the setting and lighting.

-

Work contines on the next Performance Video "Life Itself'. The very latest updates can be found on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page.

The last few months have seen ideas for this video really come together, and it is shaping up to be a nice one.

:flirt:

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
-

Hi Friends! Time for a long overdue update...

Things are coming along well with the next video. I just recently figured out how to convert my own videotaped performances into digital files so this should make the gaps between releases much smaller.

A brand NEW short instrumental video with 'George' was created very recently and is now ready for release. Watch for a link soon! This is just a short collection of clips set to a instrumental bit of music, but still a nice additon to the lineup.

In other news...

Over 30 or so new photos of 'George' will be hitting his Facebook Page over the course of the next few days for those interested. Lots of fun things to see, and some currant portraits.

Link to the 'George Harrison Marionette' page : http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Here are a few of the many recent photos. Enjoy !
-

^^ A charming portrait of a leg-end...

^^ 'George' enjoying his recently aquired Hawaiian Uke kindly donated by a fan...

^^ Shooting a video segment ...

^^ 'George' cannot resist a little self-promotion for 'All Things Must Pass'...!

-

The most up to date news related to this project can be found on the Facebook page listed above. Enjoy!