Lew Zealand appreciation thread

Princeton

Reaction score
Truly one of the most underrated Muppets of all! I don't know what I love about him so much; he's just cool! Granted, I could have done with some bigger roles in the movies, but hey, it's better than nothing, right? So who else love the thrower of Boomerang Fish?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Truly one of the most underrated Muppets of all! I don't know what I love about him so much; he's just cool! Granted, I could have done with some bigger roles in the movies, but hey, it's better than nothing, right? So who else love the thrower of Boomerang Fish?
Everybody likes Lew Zeland! I don't think he's underrated at all. It would be good if he did more in the movies, but he at least got lines in most of them.

superboober

Reaction score
He really is an interesting character; somehow throwing fish that come back at you works in a strange way.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe, I remember when The Muppets appeared on 60 Minutes.

Morley Safer: How did a character like Lew Zealand get developed?

Frank: How did Lew get developed?

Lew Zealand: Well they needed a boomerang fish thrower and I was the only one!

Morley: Some of those awful puns with...

Richard: Human beings wouldn't work...it's because the characters are so...I mean Lew, look at Lew's hair. Now I have seen someone in New York with hair like that but...

Lew: Yeah I do it myself! It takes hours!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ha, really funny stuff, heralde!:smile:

Yea, Lew Zealand rules!!!:excited:

muppeteer

Reaction score
Oh My God. I love Lew Zeland. My friend and I recently just watched The Muppets Take Mannhatan and the movie theater scene with Scooter is absolutley hysterical. How can you not love " I throw the fish away and they come back to me" ? Lew Zeland rocks. Definately underrated.

Princeton

Reaction score
Everybody likes Lew Zeland! I don't think he's underrated at all. It would be good if he did more in the movies, but he at least got lines in most of them.
In my eyes, it's *because* he didn't have bigger parts that makes him underrated.:smirk:

miz crys

Reaction score
Cannot find any video of him on web!

Hello, I remember when I was a kid: Friday nites and muppet show! I was tryin to find any Lew skits online, but no luck!:frown:
I want so much to find any videos of him to share with my kids. Please help me! I know my kids would get the biggest kick outta him too!:confused:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Lew Zealand is in my house

Lew: I throw the baby and it comes back.
Me: Hey, that's my son, not a fish!!! :crazy:

peyjenk

Reaction score
Hehe, I remember when The Muppets appeared on 60 Minutes.

Morley Safer: How did a character like Lew Zealand get developed?

Frank: How did Lew get developed?

Lew Zealand: Well they needed a boomerang fish thrower and I was the only one!
You know, I've never thought about that, but where does a character like Lew Zealand come from?