Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Drtooth

Reaction score
What happened? Do they no longer work for Disney?
No, but someone with strong connects.

Could someone repost this list. I'd find it interesting to see.
I can't remember much, but what I do remember is that NASA refused to let them use the Pigs in Space phone call to the Astronauts (of whatever mission that was). Yep. A government agency refused Disney the use of their own characters.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I can't remember much, but what I do remember is that NASA refused to let them use the Pigs in Space phone call to the Astronauts (of whatever mission that was). Yep. A government agency refused Disney the use of their own characters.
Oh wow! I wonder why NASA said no. Do fans have a copy of the video?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What about something like this:

The Muppets Recall there Favorite Muppet Show moments.
Kermit, Mrs.Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, The band Bunsan & Beaker, and Rowlf recall some of there most favorite moments of all five seasons of the Muppet Show.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I would even settle for a best of set, like the ones from Sony. They where nice, and the extra content although somewhat lacking they where really fun little DVD's
I loved those DVDs, but they were like $20, so I don't own one. They had three full lenght uncut muppet show episodes with these things called UK Spots which us in the USA were seeing for the first time. For extras each set had a Brian Henson Introduction for each individual episode, a cool little Movie Mania sketch parodying some of the most iconic movies and tv shows (I love the FrogFather), Muppetisms which were nice little segments with muppets goofing off, and finally some cool origanal concept art of the characters. At the time when they came out they were basically priceless, considering TMS was hardly on TV, and there was NO YOUTUBE, then ya I would've bought a couple by saving up my allowence, but now we have Youtube and the first three seasons at reasonable prices. I'm fine with my TMS full series bootleg, but in a heartbeat I'd trade it for the first three TMS seasons, because I like owning commercial copies. So in all, if they made a "Best Of's" they should
  1. Make it a reasonable price, I think $7.50 would be a reasonable price for 3 full lenght episodes and some cool extras
  2. have the episodes be strictly of S4 and S5
  3. have the episodes uncut
  4. for extras have movie manias, and something similar to muppetisms, and if they can BH intros. and concept art.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What about something like this:

The Muppets Recall there Favorite Muppet Show moments.
Kermit, Mrs.Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, The band Bunsan & Beaker, and Rowlf recall some of there most favorite moments of all five seasons of the Muppet Show.
That's just one of those playhouse videos, we're way past that!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ah I'm thinking at least, not every idea that come out of these fingers is going to be a good one.....

Reaction score
The trend for DVD now is for the big studios to subcontract releases out to smaller licensors. WKRP in Cincinatti and The Wonder Years are coming out in complete box sets in spite of being extraordinarily difficult shows to release legalities and music-wise.

Writing to Disney is probably futile at the moment, since getting new releases and animated classics on Blu-Ray is their priority. Instead, write to Shout Factory or Time Life about how much you'd love to see them finish The Muppet Show.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The trend for DVD now is for the big studios to subcontract releases out to smaller licensors. WKRP in Cincinatti and The Wonder Years are coming out in complete box sets in spite of being extraordinarily difficult shows to release legalities and music-wise.

Writing to Disney is probably futile at the moment, since getting new releases and animated classics on Blu-Ray is their priority. Instead, write to Shout Factory or Time Life about how much you'd love to see them finish The Muppet Show.
Thanks for the suggestion, so... http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/987 http://timelife.com/contact?