Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wait what are we talking about again? Oh yeah some DVDs that will probably never see the light of day.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
They own Star Wars, so that can't be it... though it would be nice to release that as a special DVD if season 4 can't get legally released.
If you have a region-free dvd player there are numerous dvd's with that episode on them. On my Dutch Muppet Show Compilation boxset "De Beste Afleveringen van The Muppet Show: Komieken, Acteurs, Actrices", there is the Star Wars episode on disc 2. On the same disc there is Season 4 Dudley Moore and Season 5 Roger Moore episode. Disc 3 contains the Season 5 Brooke Shields episode (one of my favorite!).

The next boxset that got released was"De Beste Afleveringen van The Muppet Show: Zangers, Zangeressen" contained: Season 4 John Denver, Liza Minelli and Diana Ross. From Season 5 Paul Simon, Shirley Bassey and Gladys Knight. So these you can cross from your list.

And I also know it's on some British compilation dvd like "Best of The Muppet Show" and "The Very Best of the Muppet Show: Volume 1"

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I know Disney won't release until they want to, but I do think we should make sure they know we want them to!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I bet if the muppets were still owned by Columbia-Sony, we'd have TMS all seasons before 2010, and MT by now.
I very highly doubt that.

Honestly Disney's got to learn what will make money!
Did you read DrTooth's previous post about the greedy and miserly music rights holders and estate owners that refuse to budge and say yes to clearing the various music copyrights, celebrity appearances, etc.?

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
And lets one thing clear. If Disney can make money, they will make money. They are a billion dollar company. They have the best people in the company. Maybe something else is the problem. Maybe there isn't a market for those boxsets of season 4 and 5. Maybe it's not the answer we want to hear. But besides the fans who want to buy it? No one will see season 4 and think: I don't have Season 1, 2 and 3 but I will buy Season 4. It's more likely they will buy a new Muppet Movie. I don't know the sales figures for Boxset 1, 2 and 3. Maybe Season 3 sold so poorly they are not going to release it. Sometimes we forget one thing: For Disney we (The Muppet Fans) aren't the target group. Look, what the Star Wars fans are getting (besides the new movies). It's not so much more then what we get. And the Star Wars fandom is trillion size more bigger. We must be happy that Disney is doing so much with the franchise. Wait till you see, what they will do when MMW won't sell enough. It will be the nineties all over again. One piece of advice: Enjoy the ride, peeps. It will not last forever...:concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When Season One came out it was on Amazons top ten list for a couple of weeks. I think the others where as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you read DrTooth's previous post about the greedy and miserly music rights holders and estate owners that refuse to budge and say yes to clearing the various music copyrights, celebrity appearances, etc.?

IF that's the case. Which is completely baffling if they did indeed clear everything when they planned on releasing S4 and 5. If it's just them moaning the fact they have to release something as a not movie, that's their own fault, and frankly one that encompasses the entire Disney catalog. Seasons 1-3 still sell well, and always pop up when they're trying to promote The Muppets. Only circumstances beyond their control would be excusable for that level of complete obliviousness.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one, but Disney should REALLY learn to outsource its DVD production. They did for those awful 2000 era sitcoms (like anyone really wants According to Jim). I'm hugely disappointed in their lack of faith in the Disney Afternoon releases that they couldn't even finish Talespin and Ducktales off.

Something tells me that if they fail to release the darn Ewoks cartoon, you KNOW the Star Wars fanbase will pitch a fit, even if they don't really want it.